Steyr LP 10 AND LP 1 years of manufacturing

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Steyr LP 10 AND LP 1 years of manufacturing

Post by darticus »

Anyone know what years these were manufactured.I know the lp 1 goes back awhile but how long and than they started the lp10,when?Were there two models of the lp 1 or maybe an early or late model.Any difference?Anyone know years of the early and late model?

Post by Guest »

As I posted on your previous topic

"Assuming the pistol still has it's cylinders the date should be stamped on them (legally required as it is a pressure vessel). LP1 started in (or around 1990) and LP10 started in 1999."

LP1 came in 1990 (maybe 1989) this was CO2, then came LP1C (about 1995 at a guess) which was exactly the same but commpressed air instead of CO2. Then in 1999 came LP10 (I have one from the first batch).

Post by Guest »

Correction to my previous post.

First came LP1 without compensator, then LP1C with compensator, then LP1P which was commperssed air.
darticus

Thanks!

Post by darticus »

Looks like I have a 1992 LP1, by tank dates, and says compensator on barrel. Seems Like an early date for a compensator so maybe its been changed over to a compensator somehow. Manual says August 1991 tanks say 11,1992.
My LP 10 seams to be a 2004.Thanks for the help.Ron

Post by Guest »

I could have been wrong with the compensator date.

But, it was possible to buy a new shroud and add a compensator to an early model, I did this to my first one. (I still have the non compensated shroud if anyone wants one!)
darticus

Non compensated shroud

Post by darticus »

Does the old one just go on around the barrel easy connect?What did you want for the old one?You think it will fit mine?Are all the barrels the same?Thanks Ron