Manufacturers Date LP 10 or LP 1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Manufacturers Date LP 10 or LP 1

Post by darticus »

Anyone know how to fine the date of manufacture of the Steyr pistols.Anything with the gun number to tell?

Post by Guest »

Assuming the pistol still has it's cylinders the date should be stamped on them (legally required as it is a pressure vessel). LP1 started in (or around 1990) and LP10 started in 1999.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:Assuming the pistol still has it's cylinders the date should be stamped on them (legally required as it is a pressure vessel). LP1 started in (or around 1990) and LP10 started in 1999.
Thats great if you want to know the date of the cylinders, I have the original cylinders and they are six months apart. The cylinder dates don't mean a lot as to the manufacture date of the pistol.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Richard H wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Assuming the pistol still has it's cylinders the date should be stamped on them (legally required as it is a pressure vessel). LP1 started in (or around 1990) and LP10 started in 1999.
Thats great if you want to know the date of the cylinders, I have the original cylinders and they are six months apart. The cylinder dates don't mean a lot as to the manufacture date of the pistol.
In fact if you have an early (1990-6) LP1 you shouldn't even be using the original CA cylinders any more and should dispose of them so you don't accidently use them.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Fred Mannis wrote:
Richard H wrote:
In fact if you have an early (1990-6) LP1 you shouldn't even be using the original CA cylinders any more and should dispose of them so you don't accidently use them.
Not quite sure why you quoted me as I have a LP10 2000-2001 vintage. I thought the last I heard from Scott P was that the cylinders are good for 15 years (could be wrong)
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Sorry Richard. Just that your comment reminded me about the discussion on cylinder lifetime from an earlier thread.

I seem to recall Scott saying 10 years (I could be wrong as well)

Fred
darticus

Tank dates LP 1 dates

Post by darticus »

Hope Scott gets back with correct info.My tanks are 14 years old! I'm gonna blow up again! I hate that! How about getting the age of the LP 1 by the serial number ,any thoughts?
Fred Mannis

Re: Tank dates LP 1 dates

Post by Fred Mannis »

darticus wrote:Hope Scott gets back with correct info.My tanks are 14 years old! I'm gonna blow up again! I hate that! How about getting the age of the LP 1 by the serial number ,any thoughts?
Scott said 10 yrs http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=13042