Wei Pang pistol brand?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Axel wrote: Do you really think the thumb cover is all built with morini putty? Hmm, why not...
axel
It does look very wood like but it's easy enough to make a plastic wood composite mixed with sawdust for example. All that said it really makes no difference. Both wood and plastic wood work exactly the same, it's just that wood is a damn site more awkward to work with making a thumb tube and the like.

Rob.
James Hurr

Grips and wrists

Post by James Hurr »

Can anyone say exactly what the definition of where the hand stops and where the wrist starts is?

The rules say "No part of the grip, frame or accessories may touch any part of the wrist.

To my my eye most of the grips pictured look illegal, touching the forearm never mind the wrist.
Axel

Post by Axel »

When holding your free pistol you must be able to freely move your wrist up and down. I think it's the same definition with AP.

Post by Guest »

Axel wrote:When holding your free pistol you must be able to freely move your wrist up and down. I think it's the same definition with AP.
The ISSF rules does not say anything about "being able to move the wrist up and down". I think you have to build the grip so it feels locked when in pointing position.

Can anyone break this out to a new topic? I think there is a lot to share about building free pistol grips!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:The ISSF rules does not say anything about "being able to move the wrist up and down". I think you have to build the grip so it feels locked when in pointing position.
Rule 8.4.2.1.1:-
"Neither the grip nor any part of the pistol may be extended or constructed in any way that would allow it to touch beyond the hand. The wrist must remain visibly free when the pistol is held in the normal firing position. Bracelets, wristwatches, wristbands, or similar items are prohibited on the hand, and arm, which holds the pistol."
David Levene

Re: Grips and wrists

Post by David Levene »

James Hurr wrote:The rules say "No part of the grip, frame or accessories may touch any part of the wrist.
Remember that rule 8.16.0.a, of which that quote is a part, only applies to 10m Air Pistol grips.

It's 8.4.2.1.1 that covers them all.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Tycho wrote:LP10 with blue cylinder, definitely. Quite strange that nearly all Chinese seem to use Steyr AP's when at the same time Morini claims to ship theirs by the hundreds to China...
They ship them by the 100's to a country that has a billion people.