Swiss Arms FP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

Swiss Arms FP10

Post by shadow »

I have a chance to buy a SAM FP10. I currently have a Hammerli 162. Would the SAM be a better choice than the Hammerli? Would a TOZ or Morini be a better choice than the SAM?
James

Post by James »

What are the defining characteristics of a good freepistol?
Sights, trigger, adjustments?

I have a pardini pgp 75, would I need to upgrade at some point, or does it get the job done?
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I swapped from PGP 75 to SAM FP10 in 2003 (in that time it was Hämmerli FP10). It took some time to customize the gun, but on my first trip to the range it gave me 480, and after that 530+ frequently. The behaviour of the gun differs so much from my true and trusty Pardini, but after these years I have learnt to understand it and nowadays it stands like a rock. There evidently were some problems in the first patches, but I have not yet faced them. Some weight in the nose may be necessay, but it depends on shooter.

Somebody may ask why I changed my Pardini. Simply, because it was outshot, all its trigger components were worn out (outnumbered shots) and the final decision to give it away, was its unexpected manner to release shots even before the hair trigger was cocked.
James

Post by James »

Do you suggest that I eventually upgrade when my scores reach a certain point? (I like the fp50, but may go with a toz becasue its tried and true)

Or upgrade now? Or dont upgrade becasue the pgp 75 isn't that far below them?

My ap scores are 500-506 so i have quite a way to go. However if i focus i average in the upper 80's low 90's I suspect my mental game needs work. I have not shot a freepistol match yet.

Post by Guest »

Matvei wrote: because it was outshot, all its trigger components were worn out (outnumbered shots) and the final decision to give it away, was its unexpected manner to release shots even before the hair trigger was cocked.
Holy torts Batman! I hope Matvei does not live in the US. A lawyer could put all of his kids through college with a law suit arising from a gun in that condition.

Why not break it down into salvageable parts or put the whole thing in the trash instead of allowing something so dangerous to get into someone elses hands??
Axel

Post by Axel »

James wrote:
My ap scores are 500-506 so i have quite a way to go. However if i focus i average in the upper 80's low 90's I suspect my mental game needs work. I have not shot a freepistol match yet.
Hi James,

Just a little bit of advice on your exciting journey of pistol shooting. Do not worry so much about equipment. Find a pistol that works and feels good for you and stick to it. Also, do not worry about mental training at this point. Keep it simple! Train a lot and attend to a lot of matches and your scores will go up, no doubt. :-)

Good luck!
/Axel
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

Anonymous wrote:
Matvei wrote: because it was outshot, all its trigger components were worn out (outnumbered shots) and the final decision to give it away, was its unexpected manner to release shots even before the hair trigger was cocked.
Holy torts Batman! I hope Matvei does not live in the US. A lawyer could put all of his kids through college with a law suit arising from a gun in that condition.

Why not break it down into salvageable parts or put the whole thing in the trash instead of allowing something so dangerous to get into someone elses hands??
I don't live in US. and maybe I was not clear enough. My Pardini went in trash in a legal and adequate way. I tried hard to make it work after first malfunctions, which turned to be in vain. Pardini really served me for years. I think all guns are dangerous, and if they are handled properly on shooting range barrel pointing to targets, the risks are minimized. Have you ever faced a shot release, which goes too early??

Post by Guest »

YES I have. That is why I expressed concern over your statement that you decided to "give it away."

Give it away is not the same as "went into trash in a legal and adequate way"

Maybe just a miscommunication.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Perhaps Matvei meant to say "give up on it"?