Shooting frames

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bing

Shooting frames

Post by Bing »

I'm new to pistol shooting, and am looking to purchase some shooting frames. I am currently using the 'good old' card strip under a sweat band technique, but seek to have something a little more practical.

Does anyone have any to sell, or know of any places where they can be obtained in the UK.

Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Where in the UK?

There are several shops who will sell them over the web. If you need a few suggestions then PM me.
Bing

Post by Bing »

Sadly there was a lack of response and help to my post.
But many thanks to those who did respond! :)

I purchased a sauer headband with a flip down blinder in the end, as it was cheaper than glasses @ £14 from Edinkillie sports services (scotland), and it was a good practical solution.
I used them in my last session to good effect and was very pleased.
I would recommend these to anybody just starting out like myself.
jarviser

Shooting Frames

Post by jarviser »

Before I had £100 to spend on Knoblocks I made my own.
http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/orthoptic.html

Post by Guest »

I am very impressed! Many thanks for that! :)
I see your point exactly about spending out almost the same again for glasses as you did for your pistol!
There are a range of shooters at our club, and I can honestly say that their shooting skill has no real relationship with the money spent on accessories.
I'm a gadget person, so I am always looking for that little item to make a difference, but am not willing to pay over the odds.
Bing

Post by Bing »

forgot to sign in for my last post

from looking at your web site - you should win an award for the largest amount of tools in an 8x6 shed!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Bing wrote:Sadly there was a lack of response and help to my post.
But many thanks to those who did respond! :)
That was because you didn't bother replying to the question asking where you were in the UK. You help us and we can help you. It's no good me telling you a good shop if it's 300 miles away from you.

Rob.
Bing

Post by Bing »

I thought I pm'd you/emailed you? I'm new to this sort of thing - as you can see from the reply I sent previous without signing in! Doh!
I live near to Cambridge in East Anglia. And as I type this I definatly remember sending a reply by some method!
Sorry if you didn't get it?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bing wrote:I live near to Cambridge in East Anglia. And as I type this I definatly remember sending a reply by some method!
Are you sure that wasn't to me. I responded immediately with 3 suggestions. Did you get my answer. If not, have you checked your inbox.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Bing wrote:I thought I pm'd you/emailed you? I'm new to this sort of thing - as you can see from the reply I sent previous without signing in! Doh!
I live near to Cambridge in East Anglia. And as I type this I definatly remember sending a reply by some method!
Sorry if you didn't get it?
Hey no worries and that was David that said about the pm. I was referring to the fact that you never posted a reply here - otherwise you would have had more responses. If you have however sorted out your glasses or blinder then problem solved. We are however a generally helpful and usually friendly lot ;)

Rob.
Bing

Post by Bing »

Many thanks for your help on the subject!

I am starting to dry fire at home, do you have any tips? or should I start a new post/thread?
I have an LP10 and not enough room inside at home for a 10m range, should I use a smaller target, say a rifle target for aim?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

For dry firing you're best off with no target. The best dry fire drill is to just 'shoot' up very close to a whitish wall. The objective is to focus on aspects such as the sight picture and smooth trigger release. Do a search on here - there's plenty of good threads on dry firing.

Rob.
Bing

Post by Bing »

Thanks Rob.
I'll do a search.