Free Pistols!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ruig

Free Pistols!

Post by ruig »

CraigE

This looks like a most interesting forum

Post by CraigE »

From what I can glean, this looks to be a most interesting forum.....I just wish there were the possibility for a translated version.
James

Post by James »

That would be interesting if every freepistol shooter built their own pistol
Fred Mannis

Russian TT

Post by Fred Mannis »

Scott, if somone could tranlate TT into Russian, maybe they would be willing to translate their site into English?
jigmeb

Post by jigmeb »

Hi,
Is that Anatoly P. in the photos holding the fp? it looks like him, I really dont think he is back into shooting.
This is just my observation.

Happy shooting,

jigmeb.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

about midway down the string is some text signed Анатолий Поддубный. which I read as Anatolii Poddubni

I tried pasting text into babelfish, they're as bad with russian as they are with chinese, but you can kinda make out what is being said, most of the time...

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

WOW, I thought some of the AMU's pistols looked far out!! Looks like one guy went with lowering the sights on the TOZ, others went for raising the sights. I guess the first, more conventional, TOZ was "reframed" to get different grip angle, or closer to the trigger? Pretty cool looking pistols. It would be nice to get a translation. Thanks for sharing Ruig.
marxman100

Russian translation site for the Russian target talk

Post by marxman100 »

http://translation.imtranslator.net

try this translation web site this is some crazy stuff and it even works.
I was very impressed. It's not perfect by any means but it gets you close enough to figure out what they are talking about.
scerir

Post by scerir »

dhurt wrote: WOW, I thought some of the AMU's pistols looked far out!! Looks like one guy went with lowering the sights on the TOZ, others went for raising the sights.
More or less they are brilliant refinements of a well known Portuguese free pistol (not for sale) built by a couple of Portuguese shooters. This pistol had a very low (on the hand) barrel (they were supposing a better stability) and a 'rotating' percussion (to make the firing zone much closer to the hand). As far as I remember such a low barrel position gave some problems (the point of impact on the target strongly depends on _how_ your hand was holding the pistol).
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

All I can say about this site is that I am the prime example----"when you don't use it....you lose it". My Grandmother is turning in her grave....though born here, when I went to Kindergarten, many..many years ago----I couldn't speak English that well at all, I was labeled a foreigner. Though my parents worked on me and brought up to speed. I was raised by my Grandmother, as Mom & Dad had to work----and she didn't speak to me in English at all----so I grew up speaking, reading & writing three languages including Russian. I served as an interpreter ( major MOS ) for a USAREUR G-2 unit for three languages. Then I was facile in all three---now after over 50+ years as a non-conversive, it's holy hell trying to interpret the cyrillic. But, this has awakened the need once again---I like the site and when I figure out how to make this computer spout the language---I may just get involved. I have been fascinated with the fearless re-engineering the Russians are doing and that they are manufacturing a lot of great equipment for their competitive shooters, though they certainly seem to be able to afford some fancy foreign makes as well.
Axel

Re: Russian translation site for the Russian target talk

Post by Axel »

marxman100 wrote:http://translation.imtranslator.net

I was very impressed. It's not perfect by any means but it gets you close enough to figure out what they are talking about.
Hmm... that translator doesn't work at all when using the web page translation russian --> english. But if I use the "cut'n'paste" translator it works pretty good. I would love to be able to read text from that russian forum... Ideas anyone?

/Axel
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Axel wrote:
marxman100 wrote:I would love to be able to read text from that russian forum... Ideas anyone?

/Axel
Night classes ? ;-)

Rob.
Axel

Post by Axel »

RobStubbs wrote:
Axel wrote:
marxman100 wrote:I would love to be able to read text from that russian forum... Ideas anyone?

/Axel
Night classes ? ;-)

Rob.
Hahaha... yes of course! :-)
VladB

Post by VladB »

Or you can employ me. Will work for ammo :-).
Axel wrote:
marxman100 wrote:http://translation.imtranslator.net

Hmm... that translator doesn't work at all when using the web page translation russian --> english. But if I use the "cut'n'paste" translator it works pretty good. I would love to be able to read text from that russian forum... Ideas anyone?

/Axel