.22 Short ???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dnovo

Post by dnovo »

I have had very, very bad luck with the CCI CB loads. My personal theory is that if the lightest loads work --- RWS 25 -- then stay with those. The whole idea of 22 short RF is minimum possible movement at the muzzle, so there is no advantage to additional velocity if accuracy is the same. The only time I 'move up' is if RWS 25 is insufficient to allow good function. My Pardini GPE Schuman functions quite well with it, while my Unique with its muzzle brake and ported barrel works best with higher velocity loads. (The RWS doesn't allow proper function.) I have had very good luck with Fiocchi and various other loads, but have yet to find a 22 RF that needs the higher velocity loads to function properly and those I have tried simply disturb my point of aim in a string. Dave
Fred

Post by Fred »

Just to correct some incorrect information in previous postings:

The CCI CB short ammo is actually a lighter load than RWS 25. It's the other CCI varieties of shorts (not labeled "CB") that are stronger than the RWS. However the CCI CB is not powered only by primer; there is some powder. The poster may be thinking of the Aguila Colibri loads, which are only primer powered.

FredB
dnovo

Post by dnovo »

I understood that, but still find this load insufficient to properly function. There are a slew of 'sqib loads' which may be useful for dispatching an overly-aggressive ant, but worthless for our type of shooting. Dave
Bill A

Post by Bill A »

Hi,

CCI CB will usually not function my OSP 2000. Maybe half the time.

Bill