Mass. Target Gun Exemption Bill

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Derr

Mass. Target Gun Exemption Bill

Post by Greg Derr »

The "Target Gun" exemption bill has moved to the Govs desk after four years for signature. The Bill will finally give us some legal options for target guns. Jim Wallace from GOAL our state association as well as the hundreds of shooters who flooded their Reps and Senators with phone call made it happen. I hope to be on hand next week to watch it become law with Romney's signature. Thanks for all those who called. Greg Derr
Dick

Post by Dick »

And thanks to you, Greg, for being one of the point men on this and for keeping us informed on its progress. It may be a comparatively small victory in the larger issue of repression of gun rights in the PRM, but we have to celebrate what and when we can.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Yes, Greg, thanks for all your work on this. It was critical to get this out of the legislature before this year's session ended (this week). I haven't heard if there is any sort of time issue once it gets to the Governor's desk. He's busy dealing with Big Dig issues, and I just hope it doesn't die on his there.

Greg, do you know when/if this might be scheduled for a signature? I can't imagine with Romney's Olympic background that he wouldn't sign it.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

The Mass Taget Gun bill was signed at 9:15 on Wed. morning. I was invited to witness the signing by the Governor and lucky to recieve the pen he used. To all that called and wrote over the years (six) since I first drafted the bill- Thank you, Greg