Steyr LP 10 grip size and fit? small? medium? large?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Steyr LP 10 grip size and fit? small? medium? large?

Post by darticus »

How should this grip fit a hand. How do you know what size, (SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE,) fits your hand properly? ANY PICS SHOWING FIT?
Fred.Mannis

Re: Steyr LP 10 grip size and fit? small? medium? large?

Post by Fred.Mannis »

darticus wrote:How should this grip fit a hand. How do you know what size, (SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE,) fits your hand properly? ANY PICS SHOWING FIT?
Use the link to Morini at the top of the Target Talk web page, then go to grips. There you will see how to measure your hand to determine what size grips you need.
darticus

Fred

Post by darticus »

U DA MAN! Thanks
GaryBF

Steyr Grip Sizes

Post by GaryBF »

The Steyr website (www.steyr-sportwaffen.com) also shows the recommended fit for the different size grips.
cdf

Post by cdf »

I wear an extra large dress glove , and a medium regular fits me well . I cant imagine how big your hands would be to warrant a large .

Chris
shadow

Grips

Post by shadow »

I had a post a few weeks back. It appears that most people buy grips that are too large and putty them up. Are there any people who buy them a bit too small and trim them down? I have a Steyr LP1 with extra small grips. There were a few spots that were a bit tight. I took them down with a Dremel (NOT my favorite tool for many reasons) and a file. There are only a few areas that could use some minor "filling".
RobStubbs

Re: Grips

Post by RobStubbs »

shadow wrote:I had a post a few weeks back. It appears that most people buy grips that are too large and putty them up. Are there any people who buy them a bit too small and trim them down? I have a Steyr LP1 with extra small grips. There were a few spots that were a bit tight. I took them down with a Dremel (NOT my favorite tool for many reasons) and a file. There are only a few areas that could use some minor "filling".
I suspect you've got that first bit upside down. Puttying up a big grip will make it even bigger. I think most people buy the right size and then putty and trim to get them correct. Buy them too small and the palm shelf probably won't fit at all. Too large and you might not be able to get it tight enough. Also why make twice as much work for yourself, get a grip as close as possible to correct and then fine tune it.

Rob.