Crosman Skanaker Co2 pistol .... info required !

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
iow

Crosman Skanaker Co2 pistol .... info required !

Post by iow »

I've just seen a Crosman Skanaker Co2 pistol for for sale for $200. It looks nearly new , but it has been sat in its box for years and it needs new seals. Does anyone know whether or not this sounds like a good deal , and how easy it is to obtain new seals ?
Thanks,
Len
rogerv

Post by rogerv »

At $200 it's a steal. It has some collectors value, but I couldn't put a price on it. I once owned one.

Seals (O-rings) are probably available at the hardware store since it's American made. Crosman may still service them. They had a habit of losing the breech seal O-ring

For an AP it's powerful, getting up to 600fps with heavy pellets. You know it when someone on the line is shooting one.

It is rather crude, though; nowhere in the class of the European APs, but plenty accurate. Crosman lost their ass trying to develop this pistol in conjunction with Ragnar Skanaker. The factory never really understood the concept or what they had so it never became popular.

I would buy one in a NY minute for $200.
CraigE

88 info

Post by CraigE »

Have one. Great shooter. As noted, not quite as sophisticated as newer AP's but worth having. Americana. You can get high quality service for this (or other Crosman stuff) at Shooters Supply in E. Bloomfield NY. Tom is the smith and is very competent. They are located a long stone's throw from the Crosman plant. They have all the parts. Sort of their specialty. I think this is the email: hrshooters@frontiernet.net Good luck/good shooting
PASA008

Skannaker repair

Post by PASA008 »

They are great pistols. I still have one, (which I don't shoot as much as I used to since I got my IZH46M). When mine needed service, I emailed Crossman and they sent me a list of authorized service centers.

I sent mine to Airgun Repair and Restoration, 201 Egret Lane, Lino Lakes, MN 55014; 651-784-4805. (This was about three years ago.)

He did a great job, could not tell where any screw had been touched. Shot great when returned. (completely gone through and all se als replaced). I don't remember what he charged, but it was very reasonable.

I wouldn't turn mine loose for $200, would be more like twice that amount.

They doo shoot a little faster, around 500 fps, but are just as accurate as any co2 gun. When you get an co2 tank, be sure to get one with a full length dip tube installed.
PASA008

Skannaker repair

Post by PASA008 »

They are great pistols. I still have one, (which I don't shoot as much as I used to since I got my IZH46M). When mine needed service, I emailed Crossman and they sent me a list of authorized service centers.

I sent mine to Airgun Repair and Restoration, 201 Egret Lane, Lino Lakes, MN 55014; 651-784-4805. (This was about three years ago.)

He did a great job, could not tell where any screw had been touched. Shot great when returned. (completely gone through and all se als replaced). I don't remember what he charged, but it was very reasonable.

I wouldn't turn mine loose for $200, would be more like twice that amount.

They doo shoot a little faster, around 500 fps, but are just as accurate as any co2 gun. When you get an co2 tank, be sure to get one with a full length dip tube installed.
iow

Post by iow »

Thanks for all the info. I bought the pistol , and it's just arrived. It looks in great condition , complete with the 2 small Co2 cylinders , all original paperwork , spare sight inserts , both adaptors & the original case. Apparently it is a very rare model , being factory set by Crosman at 490 fps for the Canadian market ( with factory Crosman paperwork to prove ).
Just got to get the seals re-done on the pistol.
I also bought the larger Co2 cylinder , but i suspect it will probably make the pistol feel way too muzzle heavy.
I got a bit carried away though ..... I also bought a Feinwerkbau Model 25 Co2 pistol ( which hasn't arrived yet ) ...... and a Feinwerkbau P34 CA pistol.
I'm definitely going to keep the FWB P34 , i love it ...... but i can't really afford all three , so i'll be selling the Skanaker and the FWB 25 !

Len