MORINI PISTOL FAULT

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RAY210645@YAHOO.CO.UK

MORINI PISTOL FAULT

Post by RAY210645@YAHOO.CO.UK »

HI I AM A NEW MEMBER TO TARGET TALK. I OWN A MORINI A/P AIR POWERED. RECENTLY IT FAILED ON ME, I DID A STRIP - DOWN & FOUND THAT A SMALL STEEL ROD WITH A BLACK NYLON END PIECE HAD BECOME DAMAGED (THE NYLON HAD BECOME CRUSHED) AS IT APPEARED TO HAVE BEEN PUSHED INTO THE VALVE CHAMBER. I BOUGHT A NEW ONE FROM A SPARES AGENT & THIS DID THE SAME THING WITHIN 5 SHOTS. ANY BODY GOT ANY IDEAS OR CAN YOU OFFER A SOLUTION. THE PISTOL HAS NOT BEEN OVER CHARGED AT ANY TIME , AND WORKED FINE FOR A YEAR. I WAS NOT ITS FIRST OWNER BUT IT HAD BEEN SERVICED BY A BRITISH AGENT PRIOR TO MY NBUYING IT.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I have emailed you.
Elmas

Morini Pistol Fault

Post by Elmas »

I would have loved to read what David Levene had to say about the Morini problem mentioned....

And , why did'nt the new owner contact the Morini people with a view to sending them the gun for checkup and overhaul ??

elmas
BangBang

Post by BangBang »

Hi Ray, you are getting me nervous now....I have a Morini AP too. Would appreciate if you could show us a pic of the damaged part because I cannot understand exactly which part is having the fault. Would also love to see what David sent you by mail....if it is the solution.
David Levene

Re: Morini Pistol Fault

Post by David Levene »

Elmas wrote:I would have loved to read what David Levene had to say about the Morini problem mentioned....
It wasn't rocket science, merely giving him a couple of suggestions of who to contact in the UK with the expertise to fix his gun.

I have a Morini 162EI and a Steyr LP5. The most work I have ever done on either is to change the batteries on the Morini and the cylinder mounting O-ring on the Steyr. I have never even taken the grip off the Morini.

I am a firm believer that guns should only be serviced by people who REALLY know what they are doing with them. This is gun specific. I would have no qualms about stripping a FAS 601/2/3/7 down to the last pin, spring and screw. I know those guns inside out, I haven't got the faintest idea on the 162EI or the LP5.
Francesco

Re: MORINI PISTOL FAULT

Post by Francesco »

Can you tell me modl and serian, I can't undestand what rod are you talking about ?