Steyr LP1 co2 ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

Steyr LP1 co2 ?

Post by darticus »

Any good thoughts on how you know when your co2 is low?Without a guage?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

My LP1 does about 270 shots on one cylinder, so I used to weigh off half of a 500 shot tin. Whenever I mount a full cylinder, I take a "new" 250 shot tin, gives me about 20 in reserve.
Warren

Post by Warren »

It's not difficult to weigh your cylinder. All you need is a reasonably accurate digital scale.

But most shooters habitually fill their cylinder after shooting a match, so even having a gauge on a pre-charged air pistol is pretty redundant.

Post by Guest »

a pressure gauge on a CO2 pistol would be a bit like training wheels on a Harley - by the time the gauge registered a meaningful drop in pressure it is getting too late: though the release on the old Hammerlis worked fairly well.

These pistols work on the vapour pressure from liquid CO2 - a pressure gauge would only show when the liquid is exhausted, no indication of the liquid remaining

S
Denny

Post by Denny »

What sort of internal system is used to stop the liquid CO2 sloshing about?
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

What sort of internal system is used to stop the liquid CO2 sloshing about

No system IS required... a full cylinder would contain ideally, 53 grams of Liquid CO2 , when you are holding the gun steady , no sloshing... No sloshing detectable even when you are waving the gun around !!

The beauty of CO2 over compressed air.. is that the pressure inside the CO2 cyliinder remains exactly the same ( according to the laws of physics) as long as there is some liquid CO2 remaining... pressure only starts to drop when all liquid has been consumed ( to replenish escaped gaseous CO2 when firing ) .... So you are certain there is exactly the same pressure behind every pellet .
Denny

Post by Denny »

Elmas wrote: No system IS required... a full cylinder would contain ideally, 53 grams of Liquid CO2 , when you are holding the gun steady , no sloshing... No sloshing detectable even when you are waving the gun around !!
[/quote]

If there were no baffling etc, you would be able to feel the liquid moving about.
My guess is it either has a series of solid internal baffles or maybe some sort of mesh that slows the flow of any fluids around.
Anyone know for sure?