What type of scale?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

What type of scale?

Post by darticus »

Anyone know where to get a gram scale?Need to weigh in grams the co2 cartridge when filled for the lp1 steyr.Do you sell a gram scale for this or tell me where to go to get one?Thanks Ron
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

I'm not sure if Scott sells one or not. Check his site, then another place to look would be the post office, or an office supply store.

Good Luck
R.M.
Hap Rocketto

Scale

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Ron,

Try Science Kit or Fisher Scientific-they have web sites. Ohaus makes the following for about $112, which I use. I like the portability and they 'gave' me the first set of batteries.

Full disclosure statement: I have no fiduciary interest in any of these companies.

Hap

From the Science Kit Website:

"Ohaus Compact Scale Series

Each weighs in grams or pounds/ounces and features full-tare, a large high contrast display, low battery indicator, overload and underload indicator, auto-shutoff, tactile feedback keypad, and rugged plastic construction. Ease of operation and great performance make these Compact Scales a truly remarkable value. All models operate on 3AA batteries (included) or an AC adapter.

47190-00
Capacity (grams) 200g
Modes grams, oz.
Readability .0.1g
Linearity ±.0.1g
Tare Range Full
Platform Size 14.3 cm x 13.1 cm
Dimensions (W x H x D) 19.3 x 13.5 x 3.8cm
Power 3AA batteries (included)

47190-01
Capacity (grams) 2000g
Modes grams, oz.
Readability 1.0g
Linearity ±1.0g
Tare Range Full
Power 3AA batteries (included)

47190-02
Capacity (grams) 5000g
Modes grams, oz.
Readability 2.0g
Linearity ±2.0g
Tare Range Full
Power 3 AA batteries (included)"
Russ

$62.99 Sunbeam® 10-Lb/4.5 kg Deluxe Digital Postal Scale

Post by Russ »

Sunbeam® 10-Lb Deluxe Digital Postal Scale

Office Depot In Stock !

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?lev ... ll&An=text
View all Postal Scales

Energizer® Max® 9-Volt Alkaline Batteries, Pack Of 2
Price: $7.59

Features tare and automatic zero functions, an automatic shutoff, battery backup and an LCD display. Weighing capacity is 10 lb or 4.5 kg; measures in 0.2-oz. or 5-gram increments. Includes letter holder to weigh oversize envelopes. Scale dimensions: 7 1/2" x 3" x 8 3/4", Platform dimensions: 6" x 4 3/4".

Item# Our Price Units Quantity
436204 $62.99 each In Stock

Item # 436204
Manufacturer # O78411-010
weight capacity 10 lb
digital display yes
weight increments 0.2 oz; 5 gram
tare adjustment no
postal chart included no
measurement types kilogram; pound
automatic shut-off yes
platform size 6" x 4 3/4"
height 3 inches
width 7 1/2 inches
depth 8 3/4 inches
color Black
brand name Sunbeam
manufacturer Sunbeam
darticus

Thanks for the help!

Post by darticus »

Great ideas! Now I'll have to see how much weight I'll be weighing ,must be on the cartridge, and find the right scale.Boy! CO2 can be a real procedure, especially for lazy me.THANKS GUYS!
cmj

Post by cmj »

Check office max, I got mine there and I think it was $30. weighs to .1 ounce up to 5 pounds. big digital display, battery operated, has tare,and gram functions. Pelouze model SP5 has a large platform, works fine for the Daisy 888 CO2 cylinders.

Digital 5-lb. Postal Scale.
Item # 20073778, Style # SP5
$33.99
CraigE

scale

Post by CraigE »

you can use an low-tech spring/analog scale that weighs in ounce/half-ounce increments. Each ounce = 28.375 grams. One simple time with the calculator, and you will know what the max fill weight should be for the cylinder. Works well, reliable, needs no batteries, works for measuring postage too, AND can be gotten from the office stores (got mine at Staples) for under $15.

HTH, CraigE
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Check ebay. I picked up a small digital scale for just a few pounds (dollars). I only wanted one to weigh to 500 grams but there are usually loads on there.

Rob.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

When I first bought my used FWB Model 2 , I made a big fuss about securing a 'gram scale' to measure the required 53gm fill weight of the CO2 gun cylinder....

With time I discovered that I could fill the cylinder and 'know' if it was just about right ... If you place the gun cylinder in the freezer for a bit before a fill , it will accept liquid CO2 quickly... if you overfill , and you'll know it. the sound of blank firing will be muted . just let off some CO2 . If the cylinder is very cold off the freezer, it will overfill .... so just let off some ' CO2 'snow' ' and all will be well..you'll get around two hundred shots out of a fill.

Elmas