Ralf Schumann has gained some weight?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Ralf Schumann has gained some weight?

Post by IPshooter »

I thought that subject might get your attention. ;-) Actually, I'm referring to the photo on this page:

http://www.issfnews.com/articles/article.asp?id=618

Looks like a little extra on the bottom towards the muzzle? Maybe he likes them really muzzle-heavy.

Stan
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Yeah, he has a real boat anchor on his RF pistol. Cruise the scores a bit- looks like the switch to .22LR was a minor speed bump that will have minimal effect on top scores. 600 is coming fast. Maybe we will have to score the whole match in tenths?

Also note that Costas fired a 572 in Free Pistol qualifier and had a final over 100.

Not a bad Air Pistol score for Free Pistol . . .

Darryl came in 6th with a 562 & 94.something

Steve Swartz
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

I'm sure it's just the angle, but it doesn't really look like there's much of a front sight on his pistol, does it? It would be interesting to see some better pictures of his pistol from different angles.

Thanks,
Ted
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Man, I thought my old Schumann was nose heavy---this looks like some "hunk of clunk" in the nose. Leave it to Ralf however to come up with a gun that will be a world beater in his hands. I would like to have the equivalent of money he burns up in ammo per year, specially the year before the Olympics.
Ned

Post by Ned »

On www.issf.tv site there are the videos from Munich world cup. In the one with Schumman, you can have the better look at his pistol.

http://www.issf.tv/default.aspx?cship=6 ... deostories

Ned
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Was that a 208s Bondaruk (Romania) was shooting for the thrid place finish?

And yes, that *is* a boat anchor under the nose of Schumman's pistol. Also seemed like he had a lot more muzzle flash than the other competitors? Looked like he was using a lot hotter loads thant eh other competitors.

Steve Swartz
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Steve,
Maybe Ralf doesn't want to risk getting DQ'd again with low velocity ammo.

Rob.
diopter

Post by diopter »

Steve Swartz wrote:Was that a 208s Bondaruk (Romania) was shooting for the thrid place finish?

And yes, that *is* a boat anchor under the nose of Schumman's pistol. Also seemed like he had a lot more muzzle flash than the other competitors? Looked like he was using a lot hotter loads thant eh other competitors.

Steve Swartz
IZH35M with out the mods by EAA for US market.
Mine is like that.

I believe sixth place, from denmark, was using an Feinwerkebrau AW93
rapid 2

SSP?

Post by rapid 2 »

http://www.issf.tv/default.aspx?view=ph ... 98&index=1

Have a look at this picture and spot the 5 differences with the Walther SSP!

Bob
Axel

Post by Axel »

Ralf Shumanns pistol is a Pardini prototype.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Axel wrote:Ralf Shumanns pistol is a Pardini prototype.
I thought it looked like a pardini but assumed I was wrong as he had always shot Walther (at least AFAIK).

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:
Axel wrote:Ralf Shumanns pistol is a Pardini prototype.
I thought it looked like a pardini but assumed I was wrong as he had always shot Walther (at least AFAIK).
I think you're way off there Rob. Schumann is very definitely a Pardini man including, allegedly, helping to develop their electronic trigger and having a model named after him.

I cannot remember ever seeing any pictures of him shooting anything else (but there may be some somewhere).
fsmte

Schumann

Post by fsmte »

Schumman used Walther OSP.
Moved for Pardini in 1994 approx developed in set the electronic trigger and commercialized a barrel and counterbalance differentiated for the GPS.
After the alteration of the rule, for 22LR. The Pardini kept the electronic trigger for model 22LR that is of use enters the majority of the RFP shooters. Schumann developed a great counterbalance and is sweating with success its ammunition today is RWS R-250. before was Super Fiocchi Match Shorts.
David Levene

Re: Schumann

Post by David Levene »

fsmte wrote:Schumman used Walther OSP.
Moved for Pardini in 1994 approx
Thanks for the clarification.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Steve Swartz wrote:Yeah, he has a real boat anchor on his RF pistol. Cruise the scores a bit- looks like the switch to .22LR was a minor speed bump that will have minimal effect on top scores. 600 is coming fast. Maybe we will have to score the whole match in tenths?

Steve Swartz
Steve,

It just makes me wonder again why the ISSF didn't make the change to the RF target at the same time. As I recall, they were considering going to the Standard Pistol target for RF. I suppose that will be the next change.

Speaking of scoring the match in tenths, one of the options floated around after the 2000 Olympics was scoring whole matches in tenths. Personally, I think it's a great idea, and it would answer more precisely who's the best shooter that day. I suppose the downside is that it could cause two sets of WR's because not all matches are fired on electronic targets. But, most all of the candidate matches probably are on electronic targets now.

I know of some shooters who look at their AP targets, scored electronically, and make a note of how many .9 and .8 hits they have. Their frustration grows as they realize how close they were to picking up a full point if these shots had been just a tiny bit better.

Stan
_trinity_

Re: Ralf Schumann has gained some weight?

Post by _trinity_ »

IPshooter wrote:I thought that subject might get your attention. ;-) Actually, I'm referring to the photo on this page:

Looks like a little extra on the bottom towards the muzzle? Maybe he likes them really muzzle-heavy.

Stan
I wonder if it is more than just a weight. The Tesro TS22 and Walther SSP both have a addon recoil dampening system that attaches below the barrel.
Axel

Post by Axel »

_trinity_ wrote:
IPshooter wrote:I thought that subject might get your attention. ;-) Actually, I'm referring to the photo on this page:

Stan
I wonder if it is more than just a weight. The Tesro TS22 and Walther SSP both have a addon recoil dampening system that attaches below the barrel.
It's more than just a chunk of metal, guaranteed. As for now, a secret recoil absorber.

Look at the issf film clip from WC in china, very little mussle flip from Ralfs Pardini: http://www.issf.tv/media/video/2006/630 ... 401rfp.wmv
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

_trinity_ wrote:
Are these two systems similar, in function, to that found on the Pardini?

Stan
zanardi50

Post by zanardi50 »

Axel wrote:
_trinity_ wrote:

Stan
It's more than just a chunk of metal, guaranteed. As for now, a secret recoil absorber.

Look at the issf film clip from WC in china, very little mussle flip from Ralfs Pardini: http://www.issf.tv/media/video/2006/630 ... 401rfp.wmv

------------------
That may well explain the big muzzle flash coming out of his gun, as higher pressure load is needed to work the slide AND simultaneously move the hidden counterweights sliding forward on a rail toward the muzzle as the gun recoils, assuming that Schumann's Pardini recoil dampening device is based on this principle. IIRC, Don Nygord told me years ago that the Russians secretly built an experimental Standard Pistol based on this design and were shooting scores well into the 590's because nailing the 10 sec. series was relatively easier with this type of gun.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

zanardi50 wrote:
Axel wrote: That may well explain the big muzzle flash coming out of his gun, as higher pressure load is needed to work the slide AND simultaneously move the hidden counterweights sliding forward on a rail toward the muzzle as the gun recoils, assuming that Schumann's Pardini recoil dampening device is based on this principle. IIRC, Don Nygord told me years ago that the Russians secretly built an experimental Standard Pistol based on this design and were shooting scores well into the 590's because nailing the 10 sec. series was relatively easier with this type of gun.
That doesn't quite fit with the fact that Ralf has been DQ'd for under velocity ammo on one ocassion. I also thought there was something in the rules that stated the guns had to be production models but that could well be my imagination ;)

Rob.