FWB 100 Series

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nthe10ring

FWB 100 Series

Post by nthe10ring »

On the FWB 100 series SSP pistols there appears to be two pump levers, are they for different powers, or does the short one act as a trigger guard. I have never had the chance to handle one first hand but have some interest in them. I've always had springers and like not having to depend on exterior power sources.

nthe10ring
Nano

fwb103

Post by Nano »

The FWB 102 have these two ended level, one make like trigger guard.
The model 103 is the newest one and the best, in this model, you can retire the handle after pumping.
You can give only a single pump, is no another possibility (no different powers). these pistols are very looked by their self-sufficiency, in addition that are accurate like any pre charged pistol. Including some elite shooters, they use them so that they give exactly same pressure in each shot, although never I have seen them in world-wide championships, i like to have one 103.

the bad thing of these pistols is the weight (1.3 Kg) and some times the lack of power (Izh 46M).

nano

The IZH46M have the same technological principle.
JoeG

FWB SSP's

Post by JoeG »

There have been three FWB single stroke pneumatic pistols. The first was the Model 100 which was introduced in 1988. It has a single nondetachable lever and shot in the mid 400 fps range.

The next version was the Model 102 (1992) which utilized two levers. The idea was that cocking effort was split by having to compress each of the levers separately. It was effective in this regard and velocity was increased to the high 400 fps (480) area. The balance of the gun is biased towards the front.

The current model is the 103, first introduced in 1997, which goes back to a single lever to charge the gun. Cocking effort is higher than the two lever 102 but is not excessive by any means. As Nano mentioned, the lever on the 103 is removable if you choose to alter the weight and balance for the shot after you have cocked the gun. Velocity is pretty hot for a ssp, above 500 fps (usually 505 to 520). These guns are amazingly consistent in velocity, almost no deviation at all from shot to shot.

I own a 102 and a 103 and love them both and would recommend them very highly. In my opinion they are the best of the ssp match pistols out there. They are not easy ones to come across on the used market, especially the 102. It took me well over a year to come up with a nice 102 and I had a great network of airgun buddies helping in the quest.

PS The baked on finish on both the Model 100 and 102 tends to be a bit fragile and can wear away or chip fairly easily. It does make it even harder to find one in good looking physical condition. The Model 103 does not share this shortcoming.
Nano

fwb 100 series

Post by Nano »

The model 103 has always called my attention, someday I am going to buy one to have in my house, the bad thing that this model is so popular, is that there are no many used for sale, and if there are them, the price is almost as if they were brand new pistols.
At this moment, like never before, there is a pistol of each model of series 100 for sale in the used guns page Web of pilkguns, our host.

Nano

Post by Guest »

i use a 103 and i would say that its a very good gun. esp with the new .45g pellets there is almost no muzzle jump. the 103 isnt that heavy and in fact without the lever, it goes under 1kg. it might be a tad front heavy for some if you choose to shoot without removing the lever(somehow it acts as a stabliser)

the main problem is still cocking esp since the barrel has to point down range and the lever opens away from you. as for effort 103 is easier than 100 most likely due to the longer lever.
JoeG

FWB 103 photo...

Post by JoeG »

Here's a shot of the earlier variant FWB 103 ssp. This still has the originally supplied FWB grips. The black piece on the lever is the locking detach control, should you want to remove the lever for a different balance and weight after the compression cycle. The later version has Morini grips and the contrast color is gray instead of the blue you see here. Joe G.
Attachments
fwb103.jpg
Imrahil

Post by Imrahil »

Well, I use a 103 and I too like it very much. The cocking effort is not heavy. I think the easiest way is to hold the pistol flat and just open and close your arms to pump it. That way, it's easy to keep the barrel pointing down range and the muscles used are mainly the pectorals, so the shoulders don't get tired by the cocking effort. And it's a great workout too :-)

The weight is not so heavy (1.18kg). Detaching the cocking lever is too much hassle to do everytime, so I always leave it attached. The advantage is it puts some extra weight at the front which helps to stabilize the sights. So I would say it's good extra weight. And I wouldn't even mind 50gr extra at the front.

The main reason for choosing the 103 was the independance of air tanks and the constant velocity, which is as high as on any PCP.

Besides shooting on a 10m range at an AP target, I also shoot at 25m on a C50-target reduced at half to get a taste of the free pistol discipline which I would like to start with. The precision at 25m is perfect, as good as that of my FWB603 at 25m (hole in hole). The adjustement of the sights for shooting the 103 at 25m is the same like for shooting at 5m with the same sight picture (free pistol target adjusted proportionally). So I would say the pellet has reached the top of its curve halfway.

A lot of shooting clubs over here - Belgium - use them as club weapon since they are very sturdy and almost never break down. According to the shop where I bought mine, the internals are less complicated than some of the PCP's they get in for repairs.

If I had one small point of criticism for this pistol I really love, it would be the baked on finish which chips off easily. I have no experience of the finish of the 100 and 102 which would seem to share this problem according to one post, but in my opinion the problem still exists with the newer 103. Not a big deal if you're careful as you probably should be when handling such a fine weapon.
toz35

FWB Model 100

Post by toz35 »

Bought one of these guns in 1989. Single stroke cocking lever, velocity tested at 465 ft/s at 6000 ft altitude with the old 'Meisterkugln (sp?) pistol' weight pellet. Very consistent velocity shot to shot. Very accurate gun. I would be shooting it today if not for the muzzle heavy design that is necessary with the whole cocking mechanism.

And as noted above the 2 levers on the 102 were just to divide the cocking effort. I do not find the cocking effort to be excessive on the 100 and probably is even easier on the 103.

have fun..