New Slings for Daisy Rifles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

New Slings for Daisy Rifles

Post by jhmartin »

Just received another 888 yesterday, and was pleasantly suprised to see that the sling that ships with the rifle now is not a 1" sling but a 1-1/4" sling. The sling also has a clip that allows the shooter to quickly disconnect from the front swivel.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi Joel

That's great, can you post a picture.

Mike
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

Bought one. Tried it. Youth shooter tried it. Loved it. Ordering more.

It looks just like the old 1" but it's 1-1/4". Also has a nice sling hook. Had to open the hook just a bit to make it easy to get in an out but I consider that fine tuning.

Sam
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I'll take a camera to practice on Sunday.
X Man

Post by X Man »

I thought that the Sporter rules dictated that the sling had to be attached by conventional sling swivel. Am I wrong, or did they change the rule? Of course, I have found that Texas 4H rule interpretation is quite liberal, to say the least!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

4.2.7 Sling Swivel/Hand Stop
A sling swivel or hand stop that is attached to a rail in the fore-end may be used. The depth of the
sling swivel or hand stop, with the sling swivel folded flat, may not exceed 25 mm. The sling swivel
may remain on the sporter rifle in the standing position, but it may not contact the left hand or glove
when it remains on the rifle in that position.
Don't know who told you the "conventional sling swivel" .... that would be hard on an 853/753 pump style gun. Use the 1" rule and a sling no wider than 1.25" and you're fine
X Man

Post by X Man »

You need to go back and look at the 753. When my son was shooting the 753, he used a standard sling swivel with a 1 1/4" military leather sling. The pin that would hold the swivel to the stud on a normal rifle, fits the hole at the end of the 753's forearm perfectly. He, and others after him, have used it without any problems. I have not focused too much on Sporter Air for a couple of years, and was going by memory about the rules. Then again, maybe they have changed since my son participated.