trigger shoe

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
NanoZamora

trigger shoe

Post by NanoZamora »

To the forum:

In my gun, you can regulate the position of the trigger shoe, rotating on their own axis.
For instructions of the old shooters, I have maintained the shoe perfectly on the axis of the gun, but have I seen that some shooters use it slightly of side, lateral, that helps in something to the action of the trigger?

Thank You,

Nano
Mike Douglass

trigger shoes

Post by Mike Douglass »

I am not too fond of the newer trigger shoes that have so many adjustment options to them.

I used one for a while and finally switched back to the original Steyr shoes that only canted slightly or moved back and forth on the rail. It's great that the newer ones can adjust so your finger can reach it, unfortunately, people then put themselves in trouble by not pulling the trigger straight to the rear.

My suggestion is if you are having trouble reaching your trigger, work on the grip and leave the trigger as perpendicular to the barrel as possible.

Mike Douglass
jigmeb

Post by jigmeb »

Hi,
Is it true that if the trigger shoe is not perpendicular to the barrel it can cause the pressure of the finger to go to the sides? I have adjusted the triggers in all my Pardinis a little to the right (rake) and the trigger shoe I have also moved it a little, if you see the design of the mechanism it lookes like if there would be no problem but I am not sure. Please comments on the matter.

Thank you,

JigmeB.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

JigmeB.

For me it does. But that is me.

The original shoe of my Walther CPM-1 has the flat at an angle. And I was pulling the shoe to the left.

I find it a LOT easier to pull the trigger STRAIGHT back if the flat of the shoe is perpendicular to the barrel. If the flat of the shoe is at an angle I end up pushing at right angle to the angle of the shoe and pushing the AP to the side...NOT GOOD.

I filed the shoe so that the flat was perpendicular to the barrel and now it is a LOT easier to pull straight back.