XS-40 / CZ Parts?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

XS-40 / CZ Parts?

Post by jhmartin »

Our club gained the used of three Avanti XS-40's.

I'd like to have a spare cylinder and need some new buttpads.

Anyone know who carries these? I can get the tank o-rings from Pilkguns.

Joel Martin
Valencia County 4-H
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

I get the majority of our Valiant parts from Pilkington. I believe they are expecting an order of parts shortly.

From the sound of it the Valiant will no longer be imported/distributed by Daisy. That would mean Air Arms/CZ would have to re-certify the gun under another name for it to compete in sporter. I know they (CZ) have a new similar gun (more advanced, and reportedly not going to be sporter legal), maybe they stopped producing the CZ200/Valiant altogether?

You could also try Top Gun Air Guns (AZ) for parts. They deal CZ.

Jay V
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thx Jay ... I had just received an email from pilkington, and all they have are the small cylinder o-rings.

I'll check with Top Gun.

I called Denise at Daisy, and they don't even have parts. One thing I will say for them is that filling that air tank is easier than the 888's CO2. I do notice that while the gun is lighter, it "wobbles" much more with my smaller kids... gotta hang weight out front next week I think.

I was with Barker last week, and we were too busy running a beginners camp at his high school to chat about the sporter council meeting. He kept the minutes and said he was trying to finish them up and get them out. He's up in CSPRINGS this week with a few of his shooters for the American Legion shoot. I've got a stock I need to return to him next week, so maybe they will be ready to release the info then.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

jhmartin wrote: I was with Barker last week, and we were too busy running a beginners camp at his high school to chat about the sporter council meeting. He kept the minutes and said he was trying to finish them up and get them out.
Hi

Where will the minutes and / or outcomes from the sporter council meeting be posted?

Thanks

Mike
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I'm not sure that those are ever posted anyplace. It would be nice to see who thinks what.

I have been told that the XS-40 type guns (the CZ S200's) will no longer be considered sporters. Older XS-40's are "grandfathered" by a certain serial number ... I don't know what that S/N happens to be.

I expect the price of those older guns on the used market will go up considerably. Getting parts seems a bit difficult. Anybody know the number of the Top Gun Air Guns?
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

jhmartin wrote:(SNIP) Anybody know the number of the Top Gun Air Guns?
It's (480) 513-3778.

Jay
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

we got a supply of Valiant parts this week.