753 not holding air

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

John L

753 not holding air

Post by John L »

I went to use my 753 for the first time in a couple months last night and after the first shot it wouldn't hold air. Not sure if it's related but if I pump it I can pull the trigger and get it to fire w/o cocking the bolt though there is no power since the air all goes out the barrel while charging it. What do i need to replace to fix this or should I find someone to fix it? Thanks.

John L
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Sounds like the lower seal.

CMP has an 8 page book "Tom Johnson's Sporter Tips" which is a pretty good look at the internals for tuneups and things like you have.

If you go to their publications section in their webstore it is item #716. ($2)

It's also a good frist step in trigger tuning for these air rifles.
John L

Post by John L »

jhmartin wrote:Sounds like the lower seal.

CMP has an 8 page book "Tom Johnson's Sporter Tips" which is a pretty good look at the internals for tuneups and things like you have.

If you go to their publications section in their webstore it is item #716. ($2)

It's also a good frist step in trigger tuning for these air rifles.
Thanks. I'll pick up a copy because I looked at it last night and was pretty much lost.

John L
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

John ...

Another thought. If you check the aluminum block that the barrel is attached to, you will see it is a "tee" airway ... the base is from the pump assembly one side of the tee is to the barrel, and the other side of the tee is plugged with a brass(?) plug. Make sure the plug is installed.

I'm sure it is because you say the air exits the barrel when you pump, but if the plug pops out then the air does not go into the barrel, but exits straight down into the stock inletting.