16 YEAROLD WINS S.A. NAT. TRIALS WITH NEW AIR ARMS MPR RIFLE

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

LouisG

16 YEAROLD WINS S.A. NAT. TRIALS WITH NEW AIR ARMS MPR RIFLE

Post by LouisG »

During week the week of March 21 to March 24, 2005 16 year old Tessa Cloete shot a winning score of 386 / 400 in Bloemfontein South Africa using the new Air Arms MPR Rifle.[/b]
Last edited by LouisG on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer C

Re: AIR ARMS MPR RIFLE WINS SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL TRIALS

Post by Spencer C »

LouisG wrote:During week the week of March 21 to March 24, 2005 16 year old Tessa Cloete shot a winning score of 386 / 400 in Bloemfontein South Africa using the new Air Arms MPR Rifle.
Who put in all the hard work; the shooter or the brand of rifle?

S
LouisG

AIR ARMS MPR RIFLE WINS SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL TRIALS

Post by LouisG »

It would appear that I have put my foot squarely in it. My intention was not to denigrate the performance and abilities of the shottist but to make known that there is a reasonably priced rifle now available that can compete with the best. I will amend the heading of the post.
Spencer C

Re: AIR ARMS MPR RIFLE WINS SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL TRIALS

Post by Spencer C »

LouisG wrote:It would appear that I have put my foot squarely in it. My intention was not to denigrate the performance and abilities of the shottist but to make known that there is a reasonably priced rifle now available that can compete with the best. I will amend the heading of the post.
Public apology to LouisG - possibly too many days on the road and not enough sleep.

LouisG's point that it does not always take the latest, most expensive, fully gizmo'd pistol or rifle is valid and deserves publicity.
An easy way to get this coach 'grumpy' is to suggest that it is the tool, not the operator - most reasonable quality target firearms when fed good ammo will shoot a lot better than MOST shooters.

Spencer C
NiteKitti

Post by NiteKitti »

It's funny what you find when you Google your own name.
I'm Tessa Cloete.
That MPR was a very nice rifle to shoot with. The girl that used it after me agrees.
I now shoot with a Feinwerkbau P700 (wood) which is also one of the less expensive rifles, but can compete against any rifle on the market today.