Trigger backlash

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Morini-aficionado

Trigger backlash

Post by Morini-aficionado »

I love my Morini M162 MI.
There is, however, one minor nuisance that is annoying me continously.
It is the minor, but still clearly discernable, "backlash" of the trigger at shot release.
The amount of "backlash" varies a bit among specimens.
Oddly enough, the current recordholder of the 60 shot AP program in my country refused to start using the Morini because of this "backlash", and sticked to his old Steyr.

Can anyone out there explain what, if anything, can be done to eliminate this trigger "backlash"?

To my knowledge, no other newer match AP suffers from this shortcoming.

Francesco, can you comment on this, please?
Axel

Post by Axel »

Do you mean that the trigger kind of kicks back after the shot?

/Axel
Morini-aficionado

trigger-"snap"

Post by Morini-aficionado »

Yes, Axel.

A rapid, smal "snap", or sharp vibration.

Familiar with this fenomenon, someone?
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

I looked at a friends brand new cm 162mi yesterday, and it had a very pronounced trigger kickback.

Looking at the exploded view http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/cm162mexe.jpg it´s quite clear that it has a set trigger action (it sets during the first part of the cocking lever travel) and I would believe that the hammer (no. 360T) somehow hits the sear (no.356).

Based on the fact that it kicks back also when dryfiring, I think that the corner of the hammer (at its fulcrum point) hits the nose of the sear, causing it to kick the trigger back.

But I would like to fiddle around with it to be sure...

/Anders
top end

morini 'kickback'

Post by top end »

My 162MI has this 'feature' also. Screwing in ithe trigger overtravel screw so that there is virtually none can reduce the effect. I have also noticed that the effect is worsened when the second stage is set too light.

Discomforting trigger back-slap of Morini M162 MI

Post by guest »

Anders and "top end", you are right.

The backslap of the trigger increases when the 2. stage is set very light. But that is the way I prefer it. I have tried to adjust to trigger stop very close, but the annoying backslap is still there.

I am looking forward to hear Francesco comment this problem.
The execellent trigger of my MatchGuns MG 1 has no backslap, Francesco!
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

If the hammer spring (no. 361) is very weak (I guess it doesn´t have to be very strong) the hammer may well be bouncing back, hitting the sear and thereby kicking the trigger back.
It seems to have most of it´s mass far from it´s fulcrum point so one guess is that inertia and gravity makes it bounce back beyond its starting point, allowing it to hit the sear.

Does it kick the trigger back when fired, or dryfired, upside down?

It´s a bit frustrating to sit and guess in front of the computer...

/Anders
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

My Morini has none of this, but I have not fooled with my trigger at all, finding it perfect for me as it came. It would be a little distracting if the trigger did have a kick back! I think my morini is the best airpistol I have ever shot, it is wonderful!
guest122

reduce the "kick back feeling"

Post by guest122 »

The only way to eliminate this "kick back" is to totally reduce the first travel by turning the foremost screw clockwise until the mechnism release and then counter clockwise 1/4 turn.
Then you need to adjust first and/or second stage screw so the mechanism manages the 500gr limit.

Unfortunatly this is only way to reduce "the kickback feeling" the way the mechanism is designed.

By adjusting the trigger as described above you will get a Toz-35 kind of feeling...but with 500gr...I can live with that, but feel the kick back is very annoying...
wai

Re: reduce the "kick back feeling"

Post by wai »

guest122 wrote:
By adjusting the trigger as described above you will get a Toz-35 kind of feeling...but with 500gr...I can live with that, but feel the kick back is very annoying...
What is a "Toz-35 kind of feeling..." ?
guest124

Re: reduce the "kick back feeling"

Post by guest124 »

wai wrote:
guest122 wrote:
What is a "Toz-35 kind of feeling..." ?
when you reduce the "first travel" completely you only got one trigger point with all trigger weight, like a free pistol. This was the only way I could figure out to reduce the "kick back".

It is the second stage weight that cause the kick back the way the mechanism is designed.