No budget constraints

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Agt. Smith

Re: No budget constraints

Post by Agt. Smith »

william wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:15 pm ....... Now that you have a pistol that can't objectively be improved upon, you can put the tool out of your mind altogether and focus on what's really important - the artisan........
Precisely. This is why my first AP (delivered last week) was a K12. I simply have no time or inclination for picking fly shit out of pepper.

The first 100 shots were perfectly dreadful. But that was on me, not the instrument. But now I can (finally) focus on getting better. And so it begins.
Dmaryakh

Re: No budget constraints

Post by Dmaryakh »

They are all good once you go to 2k level. I was faced with exactly the same question a year ago and ended up asking myself a following question - who is innovating in this space? Who is pushing the envelop and who is on autopilot and riding coattails of past victories? Who had major redesign in recent history? Who is doing all that and also performing and winning gold at major events?

You are making an investment into a piece of precise machinery and technology - why wouldn’t you want to future proof your investment? The same though process that we use to buy anything else from a major kitchen appliance to a smartphone or computer will work for an Olympic pistol as well.

This is of course assuming that all things are equal and you do not need to look at some additional factors like availability of parts and service in you country, esthetic preferences, emotional attachment etc.

P.S. last year I chose Morini 200ei for that reason. You make your own choice of course given what is the situation today and what is important to you.

P.P.S. If the budget is not constrained - suggest you look into getting yourself an interactive electronic target like SportQuantum to really future proof your investment :)