Rear Anschutz sight problem

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

durant7

Rear Anschutz sight problem

Post by durant7 »

So. I get invited to shoot a 60 shot match for a team. I guess they were desperate. Anyway, sighting in I find I'm high. Grab onto the top knob to turn down. Nada. Out of stupidity and some desperation now on my part I crank it hard and see little pieces coming out/off the sight. Seem the ballbearing is siezed and it is nicely chopping off the tabs that make the detents. GREAT!

So. Where do I go to school on how to take it apart? Where do I get a new part? How do I even begin to figure out what to order?

Thanks!

Oh, well. I just tried to hold low on the bull and managed a 539 which is not bad for me. Stinks by serious shooters' standards.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

I would not attempt to fix it yourself and you would have a hard time finding parts as they are imported. I would send it to 10 ring service in FL, and have them do the repair. He will do an excellent job and it will seem better then new when hes done. His number is 904-724-7419

lax