Enterprise Al. H.S. Electronic Air Gun Range Destroyed??

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

PaulB

Enterprise Al. H.S. Electronic Air Gun Range Destroyed??

Post by PaulB »

It looks like from the pictures on the news that along with the terrible loss of life and the school building itself that the fine shooting range was probably also destroyed by today's tornado. For a description of the range from 2004 see:

http://www.odcmp.org/1204/Enterprise.asp

Condolances to the residents of Enterprise
bobhead

Post by bobhead »

I spoke to the Enterprise coach the day after the tornado. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this update. He and his precision team were in Colorado for the Western Region JROTC championships when the storm hit. At the time, he didn't know what he would find when they returned home. Those kids had to shoot the next day with what must have been an awful mental burden. They finished in 2nd place among the AJROTC teams to earn a slot in the Nationals next month.

I just checked in again with the coach and he told me that the interior of their range and target systems did not suffer any significant damage. However, the damage to the exterior and surrounding buildings is such that they will probably have to rebuild anyway.

I've seen aerial photos of the damage to the campus and it is just incredible. We often hear "it looks like a bomb went off" and it this case, it does --- a really big bomb. Classes are being moved to the local Jr. College.

The lose of life was tragic. My heart goes out to those who lost friends and family members. Those lives can never be replaced. I am confident that the rifle program will come back stronger than ever. Those who have worked so hard to build that program and the kids on the team deserve nothing less.