CZ 200 T Air Rifle

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

JulianY

CZ 200 T Air Rifle

Post by JulianY »

I havecome across the CZ 200 T
(http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=4 ... 53&lang=en)

The CZ 200 T is described as ;

"CZ 200 PCP air rifles are based on a modular conception of design.
These guns incorporate compact action/breech system with fixed or
detachable air reservoir, featuring high accuracy potential,
consistence of velocities, and minimum of felt recoil.
Thanks to these properties they will be appreciated by a wide spectrum
of shooters.

The target style CZ 200 T version, made in caliber .1.77"/4.5 mm, is
designed mainly for the training and basic competitive shooting.
Design of the air rifle complies with ISSF rules."

It's also about a 1000g lighter that most "Junior" competition rifles. So i may be ideal for my son.

Does any one have any experience with this rifle?

JY
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Looks like the Daisy/Avanti XS40 (AKA AirArms S200-T, AKA ?)
It is a small and light junior size rifle.
Depending on how small your son is. It may fit him fine.
robf

Post by robf »

in the UK it's known as the Air Arms S200....there are a few variants, a standard one, and one with a target stock with butt and cheekpeice adjustable for height and reach with a foreend rail, and one with all that + diopters.

I had one in 12 ft/lb with a scope and used it to cut my teeth in field target. I found the adjustable stock very good, and its true the smaller size makes it popular with junior shooters...being an adult (perhaps not mentally) i found that the adjustments needed more spacers especially for large mag scope use, but these were simple to fashion.

As with all light and small guns with decent power there is an element of flip that needs to be cured with better technique...and i'd say the trigger is more on the agriculutural side. Several of the guns in the club had had their trigger mechanisms polished and refined, and this does seem to improve them. I'd say the trigger is perhaps it's weakest point, but thats only because there are better triggers out there and this gun would probably shoot just as well as most guns with one.

Accuracy wise, well i used mine out to 55yds, and the gun is probably just as accurate as most...certainly fine for 10m or 25m work. 25m sitting i was seeing pretty small groups of around 5mm CTC.

The reasons i moved on for are to get a better all round package, but i'd have no reservations in recommending the gun for starters and juniors.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

robf wrote:in the UK it's known as the Air Arms S200....there are a few variants, a standard one, and one with a target stock with butt and cheekpeice adjustable for height and reach with a foreend rail, and one with all that + diopters.

I had one in 12 ft/lb with a scope and used it to cut my teeth in field target. I found the adjustable stock very good, and its true the smaller size makes it popular with junior shooters...being an adult (perhaps not mentally) i found that the adjustments needed more spacers especially for large mag scope use, but these were simple to fashion.

As with all light and small guns with decent power there is an element of flip that needs to be cured with better technique...and i'd say the trigger is more on the agriculutural side. Several of the guns in the club had had their trigger mechanisms polished and refined, and this does seem to improve them. I'd say the trigger is perhaps it's weakest point, but thats only because there are better triggers out there and this gun would probably shoot just as well as most guns with one.

Accuracy wise, well i used mine out to 55yds, and the gun is probably just as accurate as most...certainly fine for 10m or 25m work. 25m sitting i was seeing pretty small groups of around 5mm CTC.

The reasons i moved on for are to get a better all round package, but i'd have no reservations in recommending the gun for starters and juniors.
Thanks for that Rob, I would out that the Daisy and air arms are in fact the same gun in different configuration and that its design was a joint venture between AA and CZ and it manufacturer is CZ . so much for AA being all british.

Sadly good triggers cost good money so you description is what I would expect considering this rifle costs 25% of a full competition grade gun.

I would conclude that at the price it wold be a nice gun for introducing juniors ( read 10 year old son) to 10m Air rifle at a nice price. If his interest takes off then I will certainly be prepared to get him a steyr or walther but for now this seems like a very good start point.

Julian
robf

Post by robf »

i'd say that would be about right :)

one thing i forgot, some of the variants have quick fill cylinders, some dont...and because the gun is unregulated there is a power curve...most recommend a fill around 175 bar and shooting until around 125...gives you about 40-50 shots without noticable variation. This is more important shooting out to 55yds, and if there is a 6ft/lb version then you will get more shots, and at 10m it may be far less if even noticable.

but all said and done, i reckon its a very ideal starter gun...our outdoor club has 5 now :)
robf

Post by robf »

5 for guest club guns that is...more privately held in the clubs membership.