Britain

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Quillermo Espinosa

Britain

Post by Quillermo Espinosa »

Britain....Yes....Great Britain....United Kingdom ...
Jog my memory,brother.
Is it not this the same country whose Government advertised in the major world newspapers as follows:
"LOOKING for Top Notch Sport Shooters to represent Britain in the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games"
Quillermo Espinosa
David Levene

Re: Britain

Post by David Levene »

: Is it not this the same country whose Government advertised in the major world newspapers as follows:
: "LOOKING for Top Notch Sport Shooters to represent Britain in the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games"
No
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.49980.49979
Mac

Post by Mac »

: Britain....Yes....Great Britain....United Kingdom ...
: Jog my memory,brother.
: Is it not this the same country whose Government advertised in the major world newspapers as follows:
: "LOOKING for Top Notch Sport Shooters to represent Britain in the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games"
: Quillermo Espinos
Which planet are you on? Anyway, you can't represent GBR at the Commonwealth Games - it doesn't have a team!

Ian Hodgson

Post by Ian Hodgson »

: Britain....Yes....Great Britain....United Kingdom ...
: Jog my memory,brother.
Britain - geographically the British Isles includes the islands of Britain, Ireland, Isle of Man, Inner and Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland Islands.
Politically - The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (ie England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) does NOT include the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands ( which are in the English Channel off the north coast of France. These are Crown Dependant territories which have internal self-government but are represented abroad by th U.K. They also can still shoot cartridge pistols.
The island of Ireland is divided into Eire (Southern Ireland) and Northern Ireland (Ulster or the Six Counties). The ineresting thing is that in Northern Ireland cartridge pistols are allowed (incidently part of the UK) and in Eire they are effectively banned in that in about 1970 (the start of the latest 'Troubles')they were all taken in for ballistic fingerprinting by the Guarda (Police) and never given back! No compensation at all. Rumours have it that some of the guns found their way into the hands of Eire's other armies.
Incidently a resident of Ulster can represent Eire in the Olympics and a resident of Eire can represent Ulster in the Commonwealth Games. I kid you not it has happened.
Regards

Ian Hodgson - Isle of Man (Middle of the Irish Sea)
: Quillermo Espinosa

idh-at-enterprise.net.50066.49979