Any system for putting weights on pistols?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Chris L in NC

Any system for putting weights on pistols?

Post by Chris L in NC »

Or do you just have to experiment?
How do you know if the weight is doing good or harm? Better/worse scores I suppose are a guide, but how long do you have to keep it up to constitute a pattern?
I have an LP10 with the four standard 10g weights, which you can station anywhere along the barrel shroud. Right now I have one 10g weight all the way at the muzzle end.
chrisatty-at-hotmail.com.49975.0
Joe G.

Re: Any system for putting weights on pistols?

Post by Joe G. »

Chris, of course better scores is the ultimate goal and barometer but you are looking to find a balance that adds to the comfort and stability of the pistol. So, like so many other aspects of the shooting sports it boils down to personal preferences. Experimentation is the key but do give any changes you make some time for better evaluation before moving on to another. Enjoy the journey, Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.50001.49975
Sandy Santibanez

A system for putting weights on pistols

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

Putting weights on a pistol is a very personal thing. The amount and placement of the weights will affect the perceived total feel of the gun in your hand.
Look at a post by Mako in Oct. 23, 2003, INEXPENSIVE "BARREL" WEIGHTS...ETC. This is a very simple(and inexpensive) way to change the perceived weight/balance of you pistol. It is much easier than loosening/tightenin/moving the factory weights to make changes and should help you in determinig what feels best for you since it is so easy to add and/or move the weights for best balance. Dry fire with what feels good and then live fire on different days to determine what feels best but remember that it is not a fixed position. Some days you might like the weights a little closer to the muzzle and some days you may prefer the weight further back. Just don't start chasing the balance of the pistol and not establish a normal set of parameters. Patience and consistency are assets in shooting well.
tenx-at-san.rr.com.50013.49975
mako

Pictures here ...

Post by mako »

Click on the LINK below ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.50016.50013
mako

Should say 7 gram weights ... nt

Post by mako »