Picatinny rail for KK500?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

analretentive

Picatinny rail for KK500?

Post by analretentive »

Does anyone make a Picatinny direct replacement for the rear sight riser on a KK500? I would prefer not to stack another mount on top of it.

Thanks,

Gerry
Shakeyaim

Re: Picatinny rail for KK500?

Post by Shakeyaim »

I'm not quite sure what you're after - not owning a KK500 I'm just going to assume that it's an 11mm dovetail used on target rifles because that's what I'm used to on an Anschutz repeater. Is it an 11mm dovetail to Picatinny adapter you want? Something from the various assortment of shapes and types pictured:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=11mm+dov ... 27&bih=825
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

I don't have my barelled action yet. I'm assuming that the riser is clamped to an 11mm dovetail by the three socket head cap screws; so I think my EGW 452 adaptors might work in it's place. I don't want to tap anything.

The o.e.m. riser is pretty stout and looks like it may add some stiffness to the receiver. I was just wondering if there is anything out there...either custom or stock...that is KK500 specific.

Thanks,

Gerry
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

Sorry, I have no clue if there's a specific KK500 rail out there - Here's an image of my Area 419 Pic rail on my 1761 that I think might be what you are looking for - only in a KK500 specific version:

What you may be able to do if you wish to use a one piece rail that may act as a receiver stiffener (if needed?) is to use something designed for a different rifle and fit it to your own gun - like my Anschytz one or maybe a CZ 457/455/542 or Tikka T1X model. I've only ordered my KK500 and am months away from receiving it so unfortunately am not in a position yet to let you know what the 1761 rail looks like on the KK500 receiver. By chosing this way you certainly wouldn't have a perfect looking rail in regard to it's overall length and position of the ejection slot - but if you got luck you may find something that gets close. Alternatively find a generic type rail without an ejection slot, fit it to your rifle, mark the ejection area and then file an ejection slot yourself and paint the filed area black so you don't notice the file work? Or maybe spent will brass will eject low enough that you don't actually need to do this at all. Sorry, that's about all I can offer for the moment.
Thauglor

Post by Thauglor »

The kk500 has a full length 11mm rail that is a part of the receiver, this goes over the loading port. The receiver looks long enough to mount a scope. There are plenty of 11mm quality rings out there, or use the anschutz extended 11mm rail.

Why are you set on a picatinny rail?
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

Shakeyaim, That's a really nice fit. I don't think I'm going to get close to that without going custom.

Thauglor, I have a ton of money invested in two scopes with 1 piece qd rings that work great on the rest of my rifles...all Picatinny rails.

Gerry
Last edited by analretentive on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

Shakeyaim, I have EGW mounts on two CZ 452s. They'll probably work, but don't look like they were made for the rifle Like your 419....and I'm anal.

Gerry
pfiori

Post by pfiori »

From personal experience, the Anschutz 6811 extended sight/scope rail fits directly on both the KK500 receiver dovetail and the factory supplied riser rail so I would say that anything made to fit on an Anschutz dovetail would fit on the receiver of a KK500. The front sight dovetail however, is Walther specific and nothing else will fit it.
Given the intended use of the KK500 and the the relatively short period of time that it has been available, along with the fact that the Picatinny mount system is uncommon at best in the 3-P and prone community, I would not think that there would be anything KK500 specific commercially available.
I will also point out that other than the Anschutz 6811 rail, I have not seen anything commercially available that will position the scope far enough forward to be usable for Prone and 3-P.
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

I will also point out that other than the Anschutz 6811 rail, I have not seen anything commercially available that will position the scope far enough forward to be usable for Prone and 3-P.
"pfiori" - If you do run into difficulty with running out of room on your receiver and not being able to get the scope forward enough while shooting prone with a sling, the offset scope mounts from BKL can be useful - not saying they'll definitely work but certainly offer a degree of extra forward extension. They are an 11mm dovetail fit and come in 25.4mm and 30mm versions.

https://www.bkltech.com/30mm-Scope-Mounts-s/58.htm
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

The KK500 has no specific accessory for any other rails than 11mm. Only an adapter will do the job.
But on the receiver, there's already a 8mm riser (the silver part), that you may remove to save some height for the Pica adapter.

For extending the rail, you can take a look at the MEC Vibrake Extent, but it's a sort of pricey : https://www.mec-shot.de/en/products/acc ... ke-extent/
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
Gonzav71

Post by Gonzav71 »

For my KK500, I use the Anschutz sight rail available from Champion's Choice.
http://champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx? ... tem=001061
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

Thank you all for your responses, suggestions and advice. i would particularly like to thank member rbs. He is a gentleman and a scholar.

Gerry
stuann

Post by stuann »

Jeffrey Madison was making rails several years ago. His website is down. You might try calling him.

In 2018 he wrote "I can make a rail specifically for the KK500. It has a picatinny top and can be made in flat, 15 MOA, 20 MOA, 20 MOA and 30 MOA. Please let me know if you are interested as I am starting the build on several today. Call me at 231.735.1770 for pertinent information."
analretentive

Post by analretentive »

I have four of Mr. Madison's (Mwerks) excellent rod guides. Unfortunately; he is retired. I talked with him about four months ago.

Gerry
Gonzav71

Post by Gonzav71 »

Try Pete Matos. He makes custom scope rails for air guns.
https://m.facebook.com/pg/AN-Precision ... 805/posts/
CarlosGT

Post by CarlosGT »

Hi. This is a old post with no new solution.
I wonder why Walther sells thousands of KK and, in the world, there is no simple rail adapter to Picatinny.
Walther customer support is missing, tried some dovetail adapters with no success.
I have taken some aproximated measures (no caliper expert):
full lenght: 145 mm
upper width 11.55mm
lower width: 9.15 mm
height: 2 mm
angle : 60º
upper screws: 2.89mm diameter. Center spread about 22.5 mm

Gonzav71 sent a picture of his Walther KK500, but seems removed the alluminium upper part than you can see in my KK, and neither could find the piece he mounts at Champion Choice.

I would like to get a simple dovetail to picatinny adapter (20 MOA) to fit on the Walther KK500.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Carlos
Attachments
IMGP_1560.JPG
IMGP_E1559.JPG
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

CarlosGT wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 am Hi. This is a old post with no new solution.
I wonder why Walther sells thousands of KK and, in the world, there is no simple rail adapter to Picatinney.

Carlos
I suspect the answer is simple: that most KK500 buyers use aperture sights rather than a 'scope.
B.p.M

Post by B.p.M »

VFGar Gunsmithing has an 11mm to Pic rail that he makes.

I don't know how to post a link with this silly forum system. Just google it. You will probably have to call or e-mail him, since he does not have online ordering.
SRay53txtn

Post by SRay53txtn »

tonyv138138

Post by tonyv138138 »

I have this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRC32128?ps ... ct_details on my KK500 with Burris 34mm rings. Works like a charm