For Sale: Hammerli 120

Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
_J_

For Sale: Hammerli 120

Post by _J_ »

Two somewhat unusual Hammerli 120-1 if anyone is interested in appearance differences, and one more typical version. For one, the lettering is factory-inlaid in white paint. Otherwise a typical German origin Hammerli 120 (as were >99.9% of the 120 models). Images on request. Can be provided with a 120 box, not SN matched.

$900 due to the unusual finishing for the gun. Otherwise, nothing exceptional. Some finish wear at the front sight holder/muzzle clamp, but otherwise excellent condition. Can be discounted if purchased with other items for sale. Otherwise, please consider the price not adjustable.

The other is much more unusual. Made in Switzerland (and so marked), approx 3.2x the above price. Again, nothing special about that gun, other than where it was made. For the "collector" of oddities and rarities or "cabinet of curiosities", can be purchased as a cosmetic options set.

Testable on site in NH if desired.

If any questions, lower offers to be made, or if pictures desired, please email directly rather than posting comments, so this ad can be deleted later.

Nikita@alum.MIT.edu.
Last edited by _J_ on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim S

Re: For Sale: Hammerli 120 in White (Lettering)

Post by Tim S »

Out of interest is there supporting documentation showing the white inlay was done by the factory? I'm just curious as this is sometimes done by owners to highlight the markings.
_J_

Re: For Sale: Hammerli 120, White Lettering; one marked Switzerland

Post by _J_ »

Last edited by _J_ on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I'm merely interested in why such a normally trivial feature, such as white paint, in the markings is so significant to the sale.

Your response doesn't address this which makes me curious. If it's supported by say a letter from the factory, why not say so? Otherwise why draw attention?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I bought a Hammerli 120 the seller 6-7? years ago. The transaction was smooth and the gun was received as advertised.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

pdeal wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:51 pm I bought a Hammerli 120 the seller 6-7? years ago. The transaction was smooth and the gun was received as advertised.
I have purchased several guns now from _J_, and I can say that he knows his firearms, he describes them accurately, he prices them fairly, and he communicates well throughout the process.

I probably spend more on guns than I should, but that's my problem, not his.
High Left

Re: For Sale: Hammerli 120

Post by High Left »

'You and me both, brother' ...

Buying ... umm, 'stuff' ... not only I don't need, but likely ever even use...

What to 'let go' ... but they're all so pretty ... and selling stuff is way more work then buying.

A few weeks +++ I'm planning on being there... you'll likely recognize a change in the odor of the neighborhood...

Burger/beer place at Marsh still there? On my dime...

My financial advisor just 'advised' me what my 5k in Nvidia is now worth...