3P kits for Savage MKI and MKII Rifles

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Aim10.9

3P kits for Savage MKI and MKII Rifles

Post by Aim10.9 »

I am a long time coach for youth rifle programs here in Wash State coaching and we use Savage MKI and MK II rifles for our beginning and junior program. The lack of adjustability has always been a problem so we designed a 3p kit that can be added to the rifle without having to make any modifications to the stock. The rail will take a standard handstop, the adjustable butt plate fits in place of the existing butt plate and the cheekpiece just snaps over the stock and clamps on (using the sling stud to anchor in place). If anyone is interested we are in the process of starting to market these to other clubs and people looking to make their MKII's more adjustable. Our kids compete in 4H, NRA and USA shooting matches. Happy to share more details, just please DM me.
Attachments
Svg MKII kit.jpg
Svg MKII kit.jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Svg MkII kit2.jpg
Svg MkII kit2.jpg (39.97 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
thor348

Re: 3P kits for Savage MKI and MKII Rifles

Post by thor348 »

Looks like a god setup. I have a buddy that might might be interested in stuff like this
TomKA

Post by TomKA »

Hi, We use the same rifle for our beginning juniors and we're in Idaho. We would love more info on your kit. rmrsharpshooters@gmail.com
Thanks
Tom
Aim10.9

Post by Aim10.9 »

Thanks Tom, I sent a note to your email. These have worked well for kids that are starting out and adjusting the rifles prior to making a big investment into an Anschutz or a Walther.