Styer lp-5 question?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Len S.

Styer lp-5 question?

Post by Len S. »

Hello
I have purchased an lp5 pistol from a friend of mine. He has all the equipment for it but no manual. I was wondering since this pistol has more moving parts than the normal one - Does it require any specific maintenance ? I try to keep the mags clean etc. Any oiling of the mechanisem that moves the magazine ? I am still getting used to the pistol. Another question - I know the grip will adjust to different angles etc. How does it stay put at these adjustments. I took the grip off and there is no locking device for specific positions. I am guessing that you would have to shim it some how at the desired position ? Any help regarding this is very appreciated.
Thanks
Len Sawyer
Radisah-at-aol.com.49736.0
Gunnar

Try a LP-10 manual?

Post by Gunnar »

I know that LP5 is for Rapid fire, but it appears similar to LP-10.
And LP-10 manual is available online. I have included the link. Just go to download and manuals.

Re: Styer lp-5 question?

Post by . »

The grip location is adjusted by six screws in the frame of the pistol, two in the back edge, four on the underside. The heads of the screws bear on the grip and force it into the desired position. Changing grip angles is as easy as backing out the screws the appropriate amount. Once completed you can loctite the screws if you want, but they don't really move once you've got the grip attached firmly.

JP O'Connor

Post by JP O'Connor »

The LP5 manual calls for no special maintenance, even of the magazine advance mechanism. Just the usual *light* application of silicone grease on the O rings.
jpoc-at-acm.org.49785.49736
3d

Post by 3d »

Have you tried going to Steyr's website? They have the manual in .pdf form for the LP50 available for download. It's the very same pistol with the exception of the vented barrel and shroud.
3d
: Hello
: I have purchased an lp5 pistol from a friend of mine. He has all the equipment for it but no manual. I was wondering since this pistol has more moving parts than the normal one - Does it require any specific maintenance ? I try to keep the mags clean etc. Any oiling of the mechanisem that moves the magazine ? I am still getting used to the pistol. Another question - I know the grip will adjust to different angles etc. How does it stay put at these adjustments. I took the grip off and there is no locking device for specific positions. I am guessing that you would have to shim it some how at the desired position ? Any help regarding this is very appreciated.
: Thanks
: Len Sawyer