Debate: Best 10 meter air rifle in production today

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Len

Debate: Best 10 meter air rifle in production today

Post by Len »

What are your opinions on the best all around production 10m air rifle today. I have my opinion but I am curious about others opinion.
Some things to consider, sights, trigger, heft and ballance, powerplant, stock (alum v. laminate) for example, adjustability.
Even color if you care.
Thoughts?

TomW

Re: Debate: Best 10 meter air rifle in production today

Post by TomW »

: What are your opinions on the best all around production 10m air rifle today. I have my opinion but I am curious about others opinion.
: Some things to consider, sights, trigger, heft and ballance, powerplant, stock (alum v. laminate) for example, adjustability.
: Even color if you care.
: Thoughts?
Hi Len
I shoot a Feinwerkbau P700 which I bought new mid last year and although I do not have sufficient experience of other makes to offer fair comment on all of them, I can say that the P700 is a very nice rifle to use.
The range of adjustability is very good, balance feels great(for me anyway)and accuracy is phenomenal. There has been some adverse comment elsewhere about the adjustable height sight rails but I have found them to be very useful and now that I have them set to my preference they hold their position perfectly.
The breech opening lever is not as elegant as the system on the P70 but it works well and I have no real complaints about it. My only gripe with the riflee is that I can't get the trigger as light as I would like it. It is beautifully crisp as it is and I have it set to the lowest weight possible (apparently) but I would still like it lighter.
When I got mine the only colours available were the black and silver combination (which I like). I think they may be coming out with other colours but I'm not sure. The rifle has my strong endorsement as a fine target rifle, The other members in my club like it too.
Hope this is useful for you
Regards
Tom
twoodle1-at-bigpond.net.au.48776.48772
Val

Re: Debate: Best 10 meter air rifle in production today

Post by Val »

There's really no debate.
FWB P700 and Anschutz 9003 Premium are the top two.
In any case, it has been said many times that all top rifles do their job. The primary selection criteria is as follows: pick the one you like more, and this will be the best rifle for you.
There is no absolute best. If there was, everyone in the WC would have been using it.
: What are your opinions on the best all around production 10m air rifle today. I have my opinion but I am curious about others opinion.
: Some things to consider, sights, trigger, heft and ballance, powerplant, stock (alum v. laminate) for example, adjustability.
: Even color if you care.
: Thoughts?