IZH 46M, Oil

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

IZH 46M, Oil

Post by Mark »

I was unable to find airgun oil locally.
Is there a substitute oil that will work well
and not hurt my IZH 46M? If not, what's the best oil
to use?
Thanks!
Modenaro-at-aol.com.48753.0
Len

Re: IZH 46M, Oil

Post by Len »

What part of the IZH are you trying to oil.
If the cocking parts, just about any gun oil will work. If the piston, anything that will not degrade rubber or induce moisture.
Mark

Post by Mark »

The piston, the manual says a couple drops every 500 rounds. The cocking parts get #9. Just curious if there was any alternative oil for the piston.
Mark

: What part of the IZH are you trying to oil.
: If the cocking parts, just about any gun oil will work. If the piston, anything that will not degrade rubber or induce moisture.

Modenaro-at-aol.com.48756.48755
TJ

Post by TJ »

I clean my piston and cylinder about every 2000 shots and use a silicone base grease just to get the rubber wet and then spray the cylinder with a silicone lube. It stays and works great. After about 10000+ (two sleaves and several tins) pellets the piston seal still looks brand new.
: The piston, the manual says a couple drops every 500 rounds. The cocking parts get #9. Just curious if there was any alternative oil for the piston.
: Mark

: : What part of the IZH are you trying to oil.
: : If the cocking parts, just about any gun oil will work. If the piston, anything that will not degrade rubber or induce moisture.

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48758.48756
seaton

Post by seaton »

I have a couple sleves thru my Izzy46M and find that velocity changes if I dont keep piston lubed . also the cocking mechanism sees considerable force and should be have a few drops a good lube frequently , in my opinion . my IZzy is still in perfect condition with the above regimin. I use
Tim McMacmurrays ' secret sauce ' (mac 1 airguns) and its fab ! he mails it to me:) its about like a 50 wt and specially formulated to protect seals . just my expierience :)

I was unable to find airgun oil locally.
: Is there a substitute oil that will work well
: and not hurt my IZH 46M? If not, what's the best oil
: to use?
: Thanks!

Roland Cannon

Post by Roland Cannon »

I dont think I would worry about any chamber oil in this gun.
I use tri-flow on the linkage. I remember Tim McMurray saying the most common repair he has to do to airguns is cleaning parts due to over oiling.
I still think this is one of the coolest airguns I have ever owned. It is accurate, fun, and as reliable as my hammer.
I played a bit with trigger adjustments. Is it just me, or is th etrigger in the 46m slightly better than the 46?
Roland Cannon

Hey, gripman.....

Post by Roland Cannon »

Is there any special reason that you have to keep your e mail address a secret? I have a picture I want to send to you.
seaton

absolutely none , old bud !:) here it is

Post by seaton »

seaton2@REMOVEfrontiernet.net . how are u doing ? ltns :) im doing much better , health is good , life is fun , and the grip fitting is going really well!
what more could i ask for? Well ok , make that a blond, brunette or red head LOL u still have the chinese 65 ? or dare i ask ? :) REGARDS seaton:)
Is there any special reason that you have to keep your e mail address a secret? I have a picture I want to send to yo

seaton2-at-REMOVEfrontiernet.net.48775.48768