Illinois Guv'nor PROUDLY announces SASS matches--cool!

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Chris L in NC

Illinois Guv'nor PROUDLY announces SASS matches--cool!

Post by Chris L in NC »

Somewhat OT for an international board, but here's an encouraging story from the official State of Illinois website. The World Shooting Complex is considered a big economic boon to southwest IL. So the government is not TOTALLY anti-gun, as long as your shootin' irons are over 100 years old.
Shooting complex = economic benefit. Think this might change some Georgia minds about the Wolf Creek situation? yeah, right.
http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/S ... ecNum=2618
chrisatty-at-hotmail.com.48675.0
Jim Morris

Re: Illinois Guv'nor PROUDLY announces SASS matches--cool!

Post by Jim Morris »

I poked around their web site last week. A nice place - but I'd really like to see the facility expand to include other shooting sports in the coming years. It has a nice geographically centered location for national events.
jmorris_3-at-yahoo.com.48677.48675
Jay V

Re: IL Gov Blago is as big of a hypocrite as they come...(nt

Post by Jay V »

: Somewhat OT for an international board, but here's an encouraging story from the official State of Illinois website. The World Shooting Complex is considered a big economic boon to southwest IL. So the government is not TOTALLY anti-gun, as long as your shootin' irons are over 100 years old.
jverg-at-att.net.48685.48675
Mike Schroeder

Post by Mike Schroeder »

: I poked around their web site last week. A nice place - but I'd really like to see the facility expand to include other shooting sports in the coming years. It has a nice geographically centered location for national events.
Hi
I sincerely hope you're kidding. From what I read on the Illinois State Rifle Association last year, you'd have to be CRAZY to show up from out of state with a gun. The Firearms Owner's ID card requirements are very stringent and you have to have one to touch a gun. According to one person, even at gun shows, touch not buy. I know that's extreme, but that's what I read.
The GUV backed legislation that made the manufacture, transport, and ownership of all semi-automatic firearms and firearms of over .50 caliber illegal last year. That includes all shotguns over .410. It would have also moved Springfield, DPMS, Armalite, and one other manufacturer.
Don't know if the data is still there or not. I do know that the ATA must be a little off to move to an anti-gun state.
Mike
Wichita KS
Ex-resident of Southern Illinois.

mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48691.48677
Mike Schroeder

Post by Mike Schroeder »

: Somewhat OT for an international board, but here's an encouraging story from the official State of Illinois website. The World Shooting Complex is considered a big economic boon to southwest IL. So the government is not TOTALLY anti-gun, as long as your shootin' irons are over 100 years old.
If you believe that Illinois has changed, watch
this site ocassionally.
http://www.isra.org/
Won't clutter this otherwise. I realize that this isn't a second amendment site. I also realize that the ATA made a HUGH mistake by re-locating their national headquarters to an anti gun state, lead by an anti-gun mayor. Yes the state is lead by the mayor of Chicago, not the guv. The guv's father in law is an alderman I think.
Mike
Wichita KS
mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48722.48675