Pistol modifications middle of the competition

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cvb

Pistol modifications middle of the competition

Post by Cvb »

I couldn't find it in the rules.
Can I add or remove extra weights middle of the competition?
FWB_700_Alu

Re: Pistol modifications middle of the competition

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

I also can´t find anything not allowing it. If sight adjustments can be make during a Match, why can´t weights be removed.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I didn't bother to search. I have been known to file/sand my grips during a match. I did receive some funny looks.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Cvb wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:02 am I couldn't find it in the rules.
Can I add or remove extra weights middle of the competition?
For air pistol finals, if the weight of the pistol was over 1500g during the match, and ended 1500g, or less, by the end of the match- in compliance- that would be a problem.

Look at page 11, in the following.

https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.asp ... n_2018.pdf
FBF775C7-C182-4F5E-AB8F-CF9783370FF4.png
Cvb

Post by Cvb »

That was reason why I asking this, pistol total weight is measured parameter in the rules.
My idea was shoot standard pistol slow series without weights and put extra weights for rapid series (20s ans 10s). And yes total weights is under 1400g.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

If the Pistol exceeds 1500g before the Match, Nobody is allowed to start in the first place. Show me where it says a shooter cannot remove weights.
Xman

Post by Xman »

FWB_700_Alu wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:05 am I also can´t find anything not allowing it. If sight adjustments can be make during a Match, why can´t weights be removed.
Same would hold true for lightening the trigger during the match. If you pass EC you cant/better not decrease the trigger during the match lower than the legal minimum. If you get selected to a post match EC your trigger has to be legal. There are "suppose" to be officials watching you. But you know how that goes ... especially in Rifle. Pistol is easier for officials and the other team observers to call you on it. All they need is a suspicion that they saw you "adjusting" the trigger during the shoot to protest.

In less formal shoots, adjusting trigger lower than allowed during the shoot, I personally would call it as cheating.

As far as weight, you cant/better not add after EC. Other teams might call you on suspicion of being over weight during the match.

Same would be true for less formal shoots...addition over the weight limit would be cheating.
David M

Post by David M »

No alterations are allowed that will take the pistol outside of the equiptment control criteria.
If you put the pistol over gun check with all barrel weights fitted, you could remove the weights and be legal.
If you put it over without the weights then to add the weights you need to go back to gun check.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

I still can´t find anything not allowing any adjustments to be made during a Competition as long as the gun stays in spec.