Help with a simple mechanical problem with Morini CM 22M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jz_software

Help with a simple mechanical problem with Morini CM 22M

Post by jz_software »

Hi there, I recently purchased a Morini CM 22M match pistol.

Whilst I was adjusting the weights of the trigger, one of the pins that holds the trigger in place has dislodged slightly, and it now obstructs the slide from reciprocation.

I have tried to tap it back into place lightly, but stopped after having no success and worry of breaking it.

I suppose I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar issues with drift pins becoming extruded and causing mechanical issues like this. If so, I would really appreciate any suggestions. :))
Spencer

Re: Help with a simple mechanical problem with Morini CM 22M

Post by Spencer »

David Moore is driving back from our Australian Pistol National Championships - no doubt he will be able to advise when He gets home.

Anybody else have suggestions to help?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

As a guess, the reason it wont go back in place is that it's got a spring somewhere applying a sideways force to it. That is tilting it at an angle so it is no longer lined up with the far hole. If it worked it's way out by itself, it's unlikely that the hole is tight, so you did the right thing by stopping. Take a careful look and see if you can wiggle the far end at all, and if so, then try to get it lined up. It sounds like once you get that done, it should press into place without hammering.

On a lot of things like this, you may need a "dummy pin", which is slightly smaller in diameter than the actual pin. You use the dummy pin to align everything and hold things in place against any spring pressure, and then drive the dummy out with the real pin.
David M

Post by David M »

CM22.jpg
Which pin ?