New rifle by Pardini

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Tim S

Re: New rifle by Pardini

Post by Tim S »

It looks quite interesting. Mechanically the action appears to be conventional; the bolt is rear-locking and sits in the receiver, so more like Walther's KK500 than the FWB 2800 (with its Mauser 66/Schlegelmilch-esque receiver-that's-not-a-receiver). The bolt is quite short anyway, but the trigger is well forwards, so the breech is over the trigger for a very short reach. I can't remember from the exploded diagram either the bolt is undercut for a fixed loading tray, or fully round. The barrel looks to be clamped in a split receiver, like a 2013, and is held in the two rings with the receiver free floating.

The QD butt section is possibly the USP.
GolfShot

Post by GolfShot »

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I have no idea what this sentence means.

"The QD butt section is possibly the USP."
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

GolfShot wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:37 am Sorry if I sound stupid, but I have no idea what this sentence means.

"The QD butt section is possibly the USP."
Sorry, QD = Quick Detachable, often used for sling swivels, and USP is Unique Selling Point.
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

Any ideas what the dowel at the 12 o'clock position on the bolt face is for? It locates into a matching hole at the 12 o'clock position on the breech face (seen on page 2 of the exploded view). Would this just aid rigidity to the "joint" between the bolt face and breech face when the bolt is locked and the faces mate up to one another?
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

Might be able to answer my own question! Since the receiver is split and the barrel can be changed fairly easily by the look of it - I'm guessing that this dowel and hole lets the barrel be orientated correctly when fitting it into the receiver. Close the bolt - slide the barrel into the receiver - rotate barrel until the dowel and hole line up and the barrel goes fully home - tighten barrel clamping bolts on receiver - job done!
40xguy

Post by 40xguy »

cost and availability ??
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
Thauglor

Post by Thauglor »

Looks like the bolt is round but the case head rests on the bottom of the bolt, I guess the asymmetric forces on the bolt pose no problem. For all the parents out there, not only do you have to get different butt plates to quick change, but on this one you have to pay for extra grips (not cheap from any company) as well if you want that option.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

It also looks like the loading port is very open to both sides. More so than most other actions.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

I have a email into Pardini USA as to cost and availability.

Will convey that information when it becomes available.

Regards,
crankster
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

pdeal wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 am It also looks like the loading port is very open to both sides. More so than most other actions.
The exploded diagrams suggests it's open on both sides. The receiver looks to be a single piece, but has a pretty thick base.
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

The replaceable rear unit is also on Tec-hro, Mec, and also on the last Walther stocks, so no more a unique feature.

In EU price seems starting at at 5000€, and can go near 8000€ with two rear part.
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Piefou wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:51 pm The replaceable rear unit is also on Tec-hro, Mec, and also on the last Walther stocks, so no more a unique feature.
The Tec-Hro allows the butt to be removed behind the grip, so removing the butt with the grip would be unique.
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

It's probably unique in an OEM stock that comes with the rifle but when I saw it I thought I'd seen similar before - I'm in the process of getting my first of this type of rifle so have been spending far too long looking at shop websites, stocks, sights... you know how it goes!

Anyway, the MEC Mark 1 stock with the optional extra "Coupling Speed" allows for the complete butt removal including the grip.
https://www.mec-shot.de/en/products/mar ... mark-i-22/

Likewise doe the Shooting Equipment "SE Stock Shape"
https://www.shootingequipment.de/en/Wea ... e-22H.html
https://www.shootingequipment.de/en/Wea ... shape.html
Modena

Post by Modena »

The new G&E also removes the grip with the rear-end I think?