Morini Titanium sight alignment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
thirdwheel

Morini Titanium sight alignment

Post by thirdwheel »

Hi Gang
I've tried everything I know to get the Morini sight alignment with a neutral wrist to be perfect, I've got them better to the point that the front sight now falls within the rear sight but it is naturally over to the left. I have tried to revolve the pistol on the ball of my hand by removing wood under the first joint of my fingers and under the fleshy bit next to them across my hand if you know what I mean. I'm now going through in places. Packing out the rear under where my thumb muscle sits did nothing at all, I've removed wood in the web area under the rear sight and that helped but I going through there now to the frame. What does help during a comp or training is to bend my hand backwards for a few seconds so as to stretch stuff. My stance is at a slight angle and not in line and tipping my head to the right helps but it is not then neutral in feel.
What are your thoughts please.
saran

Re: Morini Titanium sight alignment

Post by saran »

I have an old CM 162 EI and to solve this i used two narrow pieces of tape to one side of the pistol frame.

That was enough to correct that 2-3 degree deviation and put the sights into the perfect spot.

Steyr does the same elegantly with adjustment bolts in the frame, but the tqpe works. Be careful to not exceed the mount angle as it mat force the circuit board to touch the grip internally.
thirdwheel

Re: Morini Titanium sight alignment

Post by thirdwheel »

Thanks for that I will see if that is possible but it is tight in the grip so may need to ease it a bit to do this, without straining the board.