I'm sorry your new air pistol is a piece of crap

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kevinweiho

Re: I'm sorry your new air pistol is a piece of crap

Post by kevinweiho »

northpaw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:00 amThe Baikal is a heavy peace of iron. Crappy performance and ergonomics. :-)
Yup, heavy as a boat anchor... Crappy performance, I don’t think so, my Izzy is extremely accurate... The Russians DO know how to make a fine barrel, and yes the ergonomics suck, but I can live with that...
LuseKofte

Post by LuseKofte »

northpaw wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:00 am
LuseKofte wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:42 am After reading a lot about different air pistols and in special views from buyers , I came to the conclusion that a Benelli Kite would be a good deal for me.
The Benelli Kite was not a successful gun.
Benelli? That´s shotguns. They had better stay with what they are clever at. Shotguns that is.
LuseKofte wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:04 pm If I had time I would have bought the Baikal, it looks awesome.
Its not awesome. Stay away from that one. Buy a second hand PCP of one of the well reputed brands.

"Rover", do ya hear me?: The Baikal is a heavy peace of iron. Crappy performance and ergonomics. :-)
I owned a Walther PCP and a Steyr LP 10, Now I bought a Matchguns MGH1 Hybrid and are awaiting a new Rink grip for it. I will never be a great shot, but I can afford a good pistol- The Matchgun was a great deal so I bought it
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

LuseKofte wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:04 pm
For my sake, I tried the Morini 162, I liked it , but are used to pistols with backsight being in the rear . But it is still used by the best in the world.
i know it;s offtopic.. but the issue was raised in this thread
morini_long_rearsight.jpg
morini_long_rearsight.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
i saw this picture of a morini with an extended rear sight all the way to the rear. is this a custom modification? (and no, it does not look to be the 162 ei short version)
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

It doesn't look like a 'short' model to you? The proportions looked wrong to me, as I've shot beside a few people using the full-sized 162EI and this picture just didn't seem to match my memory of those. While your picture is obviously at a slight angle, which distorts the overall appearance of length, what stands out for me is the proportion of barrel and muzzle device as compared to cylinder length. Here is your picture put together with Morini's own website pictures of the long and short models, with a green line drawn through the back of the compensator. Apologies for slightly incorrect scaling of the pictures, didn't want to spend too much time on this image.

Seems fairly obvious that the compensator to barrel/cylinder proportions are identical between your picture and the short model from Morini's website, with the long model having an extra 3cm or more of cylinder. Further, the short model from their site has the rearwards-extended sight blade, where the long model has it positioned further forward. Seems there is a substantial difference in the shaping of the top of the grip to allow for this difference, in the official picture, but your picture has a different form of grip.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Azmodan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 am i saw this picture of a morini with an extended rear sight all the way to the rear. is this a custom modification? (and no, it does not look to be the 162 ei short version)
It does look like a short to me, but it's difficult to be certain from the angle.

It doesn't matter though, the rear sight extension of the short can easily be fitted to the long, although the grip does need a simple modification.
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

https://youtu.be/ybHw_6aRgR8?t=535

in this clip, Hoang from vietnam is using a long morini with rear sight extended all they way to the rear.

i just wanted to know if this is an "oficial" option or is custom made
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Azmodan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm i just wanted to know if this is an "oficial" option or is custom made
I'm sure that when you're that good Morini will configure the gun exactly how you want.

For the rest of us it would probably take us about 30 minutes to add the "short" sight extension and modify the grip.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

Does having the rear sight over the wrist joint make sense so that angular wobble at the wrist is apparent only at the front sight (movement of the rear sight is minimized with it over the joint)?

If the rear sight is in front of the wrist then wobble from the wrist would cause both the front and rear sights to displace.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Damn! Do I have to tell you guys EVERYTHING!

"The angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat, provided that the maxis of the axis, and the gravity of the cavity, remain constant."
LuseKofte

Post by LuseKofte »

I know about the longer back sight because Rink have this as a option when you buy there. So it is common.
django

Post by django »

this is 10 m air pistol shooting. Why people worrying about rear sight radius ? lol....

if you have max sight radius your hand still shaking and moving still hard for you shoot deep 10 ?
scausi

Post by scausi »

Gerard wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:44 am It doesn't look like a 'short' model to you? The proportions looked wrong to me, as I've shot beside a few people using the full-sized 162EI and this picture just didn't seem to match my memory of those. While your picture is obviously at a slight angle, which distorts the overall appearance of length, what stands out for me is the proportion of barrel and muzzle device as compared to cylinder length. Here is your picture put together with Morini's own website pictures of the long and short models, with a green line drawn through the back of the compensator. Apologies for slightly incorrect scaling of the pictures, didn't want to spend too much time on this image.

Seems fairly obvious that the compensator to barrel/cylinder proportions are identical between your picture and the short model from Morini's website, with the long model having an extra 3cm or more of cylinder. Further, the short model from their site has the rearwards-extended sight blade, where the long model has it positioned further forward. Seems there is a substantial difference in the shaping of the top of the grip to allow for this difference, in the official picture, but your picture has a different form of grip.
Its just a long Morini pistol ,with the short sight extension attached , If anyone wants to buy extension send me a P.M.
Cheers S
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

LuseKofte wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:42 am I owned Steyr and Walther , now a MGH 1 Hybrid.
As said above, you need to have the tool available in order to do a shooting sport.
After reading a lot about different air pistols and in special views from buyers , I came to the conclusion that a Benelli Kite would be a good deal for me.
But there are no dealers in my country supplying it, cheap and excellent quality compared to more popular types.
For my points , brand will not matter but type of pistol will
I have a Kite, plus one that flies too for after mud season in Vermont. Excellent pistol at a good price.
I sort of suck, but have lots of fun shooting. I previously had a compact FWB that I could not shoot as well as the Kite or my Izzy for that matter. I think it had to do with the shorter distance between front and rear sights. Anyway, we all know the old saw about how one gets to play in Carnegie Hall.....
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Rover wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:57 am "I´m sorry, Your New aiar pistol is a piece og crap"
Pulleeze, prove me wrong.
Well, some are crappy from the start, and some get crappy from use.
IMO none are perfect, even the most expensive makes may have or evolve issues.