Scope image bender!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Gaffer

Scope image bender!

Post by Gaffer »

Need help. I am an old target shooter who is having real problems getting behind my Unertl 20 X scope in the prone position. My old neck just won't give as it used to. I am looking for any gadget, be it some sort of prism of I-Pad clamp that would allow the use of the I-pad camera to bend my view so I could once again shoot prone. At almost 87 I know I should probably just quit and hang it up but there must be a way to solve this dilemma. Thanks
MGoodman

Re: Scope image bender!

Post by MGoodman »

Is this something you are looking for?
It uses an iPhone, not an i pad.

https://www.phoneskope.com/?msclkid=839 ... 20Spotting
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

I'm a pistol shooter, so may not be entitled to weigh in here. I wonder if some kind of "risers" might be helpful. I have no idea what's available, but if you elevated the sights enough perhaps it would resolve your problem.

Dennis
dronning

Post by dronning »

dulcmr-man wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm I'm a pistol shooter, so may not be entitled to weigh in here. I wonder if some kind of "risers" might be helpful. I have no idea what's available, but if you elevated the sights enough perhaps it would resolve your problem.

Dennis
Maybe he is having the same issue I was from a neck injury. It was the other way around - I couldn't get my head up enough without pain and that was with iron sights. Had to give it up, started shooting pistol.
- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Rover

Post by Rover »

" Had to give it up, started shooting pistol."

At least you moved up in the world.
dronning

Post by dronning »

Rover wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:14 am " Had to give it up, started shooting pistol."

At least you moved up in the world.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Agoneyl

Post by Agoneyl »

Gaffer,
Don't give up, don't ever give up!!!