Walther LP500!?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Walther LP500!?

Post by Rover »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSTJeC7ynw

Remember, you saw it here first.
Last edited by Rover on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProdigalSon

Re: Walther LP500!?

Post by ProdigalSon »

The robot doing QC testing near the end was pretty cool.

Is it normal to be able to do a direct, field swap between mechanical and electronic triggers? If not, that’s a very clever feature.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Darn it...these things are addicting.

Chip
arjuna70

Post by arjuna70 »

Where can you get one in the US?
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I have been looking. Does not seem like any of the US retailers have them yet. If you see one please post.

Chip
Last edited by ChipEck on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

ChipEck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 pm I have been looking. Does not seen like any of the US retailers have them yet. If you see one please post.
Well, you'd better dump your EVO or Morini now, before the bottom falls out of the market when everyone rushes to buy the Walther in the hope of gaining a huge increase in their score.
spektr

Post by spektr »

So now when you process the gun at a contest, do you have to present BOTH triggers for weighing. I can see processing the mechanical trigger, shooting a much lighter electronic trigger and slapping the mech trigger back in after youre done shooting... Or better yet, multiple triggers of the same kind......
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 pm
ChipEck wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 pm I have been looking. Does not seen like any of the US retailers have them yet. If you see one please post.
Well, you'd better dump your EVO or Morini now, before the bottom falls out of the market when everyone rushes to buy the Walther in the hope of gaining a huge increase in their score.
Rog, I don't see how it will be possible to shoot under 580s what with all those wonderful farckles.
arjuna70

Post by arjuna70 »

I was looking to purchase a Walther LP400 Carbon Compact but now I'm not sure if I should just wait for this model. Seems like a nice upgrade, not sure the difference in price once it is released here.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

arjuna70

Post by arjuna70 »

This company can order the LP 500 for you here in the US.

www.eliteshootingsport.com
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

Rover wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSTJeC7ynw

Best thing about this model , and other new ones just out , is that you have this good feeling that once you own one of those your scores will shoot up . This feel-good effect will probably last until your new purchase arrives and you then are jolted back to reality . You can't buy happiness !

Having said that ; The interchangeability between mechanical and electronic ( the video makes it look so easy and user friendly ) ... is a real move forward in the realm of match pistol technology .

Do you think Cesar Morini is kicking himself saying ; " Now why did I not think of this first ?".

Will the Walter LP 500 start a trend of interchangeable triggers in future models of Steyr and Morini ?
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

Looks like you need to purchase several 10g inline weights if you want the pistol to approach 1 kg. How many will fit under the barrel?
sparky

Post by sparky »

Elmas wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 pm
Rover wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSTJeC7ynw

Best thing about this model , and other new ones just out , is that you have this good feeling that once you own one of those your scores will shoot up . This feel-good effect will probably last until your new purchase arrives and you then are jolted back to reality . You can't buy happiness !

Having said that ; The interchangeability between mechanical and electronic ( the video makes it look so easy and user friendly ) ... is a real move forward in the realm of match pistol technology .

Do you think Cesar Morini is kicking himself saying ; " Now why did I not think of this first ?".

Will the Walter LP 500 start a trend of interchangeable triggers in future models of Steyr and Morini ?
Cesare Morini did think of it first...see the Matchguns MG-1 Hybrid.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Jerome wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 am Looks like you need to purchase several 10g inline weights if you want the pistol to approach 1 kg. How many will fit under the barrel?
Is there a minimum pistol weight rule? I read there is a max of 1.5 kg, but not a min. But maybe that's old info?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ihasagun wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 am
Jerome wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 am Looks like you need to purchase several 10g inline weights if you want the pistol to approach 1 kg. How many will fit under the barrel?
Is there a minimum pistol weight rule? I read there is a max of 1.5 kg, but not a min. But maybe that's old info?
No minimum.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

David Levene wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 am No minimum.
Thanks. I’m just practicing at home with no real plans to ever compete, but I do want to comply with the rules. I see upthread that you can’t shoot barefoot, and I just realized that is what I have been doing most of the time. Are there shoe restrictions? Please fell free to PM that info to avoid derailing this thread. Thanks again.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ihasagun wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 am
David Levene wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 am No minimum.
Thanks. I’m just practicing at home with no real plans to ever compete, but I do want to comply with the rules. I see upthread that you can’t shoot barefoot, and I just realized that is what I have been doing most of the time. Are there shoe restrictions? Please fell free to PM that info to avoid derailing this thread. Thanks again.
Only low sided that do not cover the ankle bone.
Soles (and any inserts) must be flexible for the forward part of the foot,

See ISSF rule 8.5
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Elmas wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 pm Will the Walter LP 500 start a trend of interchangeable triggers in future models of Steyr and Morini ?
I did a quick search to see if there are any Walther patents or published applications on the interchangeable trigger feature, or any patent or patent pending markings on associated literature. I did not find anything, so it may be a feature that can soon be copied by competitors, but I don’t know for sure. If anyone gets one of these pistols, I’d be curious if there are any patent markings on the pistol, packaging, or included literature.
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

Is the mechanical trigger mechanism on this the same as the last version of the LP400?