Buying air pistol online from European seller

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gimgim

Buying air pistol online from European seller

Post by gimgim »

Is there any concern (legal, for example) in buying an air pistol (new or used) online from an seller in EU?
Any experience worth sharing?
Thanks
dronning

Re: Buying air pistol online from European seller

Post by dronning »

Customs, just make sure you have all the proper paperwork in order or you might find your pistol hung up in customs hell.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

The US border security has a problem with air cylinders as they can not see inside them. Could contain explosives or drugs etc.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

In 2015 I bought several new & used match APs from two vendors in the Netherlands.
Only one was delayed in transit by US customs. The official was confused and trying to apply firearm rules to the airgun.
Shipping cost for some reason is prohibitively high from some countries like Deutschland.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

I got one from the Netherlands, shipping was surprisingly cheap and fast. The seller took care of all paperwork. No customs hassles. No regrets.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

For products produced outside the USAI tend to support the uSA rep in order to encourage good service, etc.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> For products produced outside the USAI tend to support the uSA rep in order to encourage good service, etc.

I do the same, and it makes sense until the difference for an expensive item starts becoming 30%+.
Then I start supporting the free market.

In another thread there was a discussion on the price of pellets, I can't believe US prices can be more than 2x what you find elsewhere.