AP Thought - Go Low (with the bore)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

AP Thought - Go Low (with the bore)

Post by Mike M. »

I've been looking over the various air pistols. I own an LP10, a CM162E, a P44, and even a Hammerli 480.

Right now, air pistol is divided between Steyr, Morini, and Other...with Other taking perhaps 20% of the market at best. And it occurred to me that the one thing the Steyr and Morini have, and most of the Others don't, is a low bore axis. The P44, in particular, is very high above the hand. Meaning that rotational errors are magnified.

Does this make sense? Or am I on the wrong track.
spektr

Re: AP Thought - Go Low (with the bore)

Post by spektr »

Actually no..... The P44 is adjustable for rotation around the bore axis. i have dialed in cant because a verticle hold isnt best for me. If I rotate CCW my hold has much less forearm stress......
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

Mike M. wrote:I've been looking over the various air pistols. I own an LP10, a CM162E, a P44, and even a Hammerli 480.

Right now, air pistol is divided between Steyr, Morini, and Other...with Other taking perhaps 20% of the market at best. And it occurred to me that the one thing the Steyr and Morini have, and most of the Others don't, is a low bore axis. The P44, in particular, is very high above the hand. Meaning that rotational errors are magnified.

Rotational errors are magnified if bore to sight distance is big?
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

i'm guessing that you see so many of certain brand on the line for two reasons. First being the Steyr and Morini have electronic triggers. The other (which i know is true for outboard boat motors) is based on available and support available to you.

I won't by a match gun because i know of no factory support in my country.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Coolmeester wrote:
Mike M. wrote:I've been looking over the various air pistols. I own an LP10, a CM162E, a P44, and even a Hammerli 480.

Yes. The further the bore is from the sights, the longer an "arm" it has to swing on. Take it to an extreme, if your visual ability to detect rotational error in the sight is 1 degree, then if the bore were a hundred yards away it would be more than an inch out of alignment.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Coolmeester wrote:

Yes. The further the bore is from the sights, the longer an "arm" it has to swing on. Take it to an extreme, if your visual ability to detect rotational error in the sight is 1/60th of a degree, then if the bore were a hundred yards away it would be more than an inch out of alignment.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

One of the things l disliked most with my electronic Morini was it's ridiculously high bore.