Pistol coaching from 4 times Olympian via Skype

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
aspan76

Re: Pistol (ISSF rules) coaching from 3 time Olympian via Sk

Post by aspan76 »

Found this in neighbour topic http://www.pilkguns.com/anatoli2-shtml/
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

I have made a list of topics I discuss with my shooters (some of them bigger, like lectures; some smaller, like 2 sentences), and the number was 73; plus 10 elements of the shot, which can be discussed each separately if needed and 23 what I call "creative" exercises, both physical and mental (imagination)... Add to it discussion of the training plans, shooters' progress and their own questions; and I get a lot to talk about ;-)
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Hi. What makes me different from other coaches... It's not only my own 20 years of experience in shooting (and winning medals) at all types of international tournaments... It is my husband Anatoly Babushkin's 40 years of coaching experience in 7 countries starting from the Soviet Union. He is a Merited Coach of the Soviet Union and Kazakhstan. His shooters won medals at Olympic, Commonwealth, Asian Games, World Championships and Cups, etc. Vladimir Vokhmyanin, Vladimir Guscha, Alexey Klimov, Lalita Yauhleuskaya, Daniel Repacholi and myself ;-) to name the few... So whatever has been tried and tested back in 70-80s (because most of shooting traditions and classical textbooks appeared then) - he knows; whatever methods of training have been developed - he knows; whatever exercises work - he knows. And so do I...
I also worked with some other coaches and psychologists, and basically what you get is a summary of the methods, techniques and practices which over the time proved to be right. For example, some of you know how much I like the so called "written recall" exercise. I've got it from Efim Khaidurov - the constructor of FWB AW93; "Control the Controllables" and "What you think is what you get" theories I've got from psychologist Peter Terry with whom I worked here in Australia; got familiar with "Categories of brainwave frequencies" at the seminar of Dr. Michel Gagne in Singapore; learnt relaxation and visualisation techniques in early 90s from professor Vladimir Sopov, etc...
Another unique aspect of me, I suppose, is that I've been working in both full-time and part-time shooting environments. Therefore I know how professionals work but try to adopt such methods to the amateurs. It seems to me that it's kind of easy to work with full-time shooters as they will eventually progress, but those who cannot afford to dedicate that much time to the sport and have to juggle dozen of other commitments, require a little bit different approach.
I think that I've priced my lessons in a way not to take money immediately and overload you with a bunch of theory, but to develop long lasting relationship with the shooters in order to monitor them for a longer amount of time, as nothing works fast in shooting. So, feel free to inquire as I still have few morning time slots for Western hemisphere (your evening is my morning).
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Thought of the day: My job is to fix the "software" in your head and your job is to upgrade your "hardware"... The fact that I have a detailed knowledge of the shot process becomes just a useful attachment ;-)
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Hello everyone. Now, since I have shooters from 16 countries, from all continents, I wonder if the shooters from the rest of the world think that they don't need a coach ;-) ? Or think that I might be too expensive? Let me remind that initial session is free of charge and that my pricing policy is aimed on development of a long lasting relationship rather than charging you big money once and overloading you with heaps of theories. Please, contact me and you might be surprised. Meanwhile, attached is the table of contents of my imagery book :-) or the summary of what I teach at my course. Let me indicate though that you'll be trained according to YOUR current needs, not to this list.
Attachments
Table of content.doc
What I teach at my Skype sessions
(32 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

aspan76 wrote:I wonder if the shooters from the rest of the world think that they don't need a coach ;-) ?
Anybody who thinks that, and is serious about becoming the best shooter they can be, is simply wrong.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

David Levene wrote:
aspan76 wrote:I wonder if the shooters from the rest of the world think that they don't need a coach ;-) ?
Anybody who thinks that, and is serious about becoming the best shooter they can be, is simply wrong.
Even coaches need coaches
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Yep, never late to study
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Hi. I see that there are more than 3000 views on my post/ad, and yet not as many people as I expected have made an enquiry. I think there might be a few reasons for it: 1) Shooters think that they do not need a coach. I cannot help here... 2) Shooters think that Skype coaching doesn't work or I am not a trustworthy coach - that's why I made my initial session free, for you to be able to decide yourself. 3) Shooters think that my lessons might be too expensive - judge for yourself: for a single 45-60 min session I charge $40 (pay-as-you-go), but if you subscribe for 10 sessions the price will be $30, total $300. We would communicate on a weekly or fortnightly basis (depending on necessity), so $300 covers 3 months of training. Please let me know if you think that this price is not fair.
kubikula78

Post by kubikula78 »

Hi everybody,

just few comments.

If somebody here is not sure if go for skype coaching with Dina or not I am saying GO FOR IT :-) It is my personal experience. I know where I was, where I am now and where I will be. And I know exactly which part of my growth is my hard work and which part is Dina´s help.

Of course, you will be the one who will shoot more than before, spend more time and energy than before if you want be better BUT.....Dina is really really superb coach, who will give you such amazing tips what to do and how to do, that you must be piece of wood if you cannot see the difference after some time with trainig with Dina.

I am shooting Sport pistol 30+30 1 year, my maximum in accuracy 30 shots was 285, avg. about 275. After 2 month with Dina is my avg.285 and my best score is 291.....of course....I do dry fire more, live shooting more, but Dina teach me how to step over the bridge in my head and how to shoot perfect shots more continously.

By the way, principals what Dina teaching are fully applicable for Pistol disciplines globaly...for example...last weekend my friend broke me to go for local Free Pistol competition, just for fun. He loaned his TOZ 35 to me. I shot 50 shots for set the sights and than went to competition. Never had Free pistol in my hands before. I finished 3rd with score 485.

And next time will be better because beside of plenty thinks what Dina will teach you like standing stability, sights control, mind control, imagination etc. you will know immediately when and what mistake you did....obviously you will not repeat the mistake.

Shortly said.....if anybody here want to grow, want to start shooting better shots and is prepared work on himself go for it with Dina.

Jakub
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Dear Jakub! Thank you very much for the support and nice words :-)
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Just another endorsement for Dina!
I have had three sessions so far and every session has been well worth it. Dina works hard to explain things in different ways to make sure you fully understand. Initially I was afraid it might be hard to understand her, but that was not the case. Her English is perfect and I believe she speaks a few languages.

She offers a free initial call to see if hiring her as your coach makes sense. This has been the best money I have spent. She gives you a reason to practice and helps you develop perfect practice.

Chip
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Thank you very much Chip for your help! :-)
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Good day. I hope some of you might be interested in shooting the postal air pistol control match I've organised from my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/627057034330760/ . It is not about winning (there will be no trophy), it is about creating an opportunity to practice in a non-standard environment (knowing that your scores will be published) and trying to find the ways to control your mental state. Simply choose a convenient time for you from the indicated dates and shoot the match according to ISSF rules, then message me your scores (either here or on FB). I compile a list of both men and women and publish first names only. For those who are over 60 (or 70) and those under 15, for whom it is physically challenging to shoot full match, there will be separate 40 shots match.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I am in. Thanks for running this.

Chip
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

I think I'll give the postal match a go. I'm 52 years old and just got back into 10m a couple months ago after a 20 year break from even picking up an air pistol. I know my scores will be terrible but this will be a good way to start back in. When the long WI Winter starts to approach I think I may go ahead with Skype coaching as well.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Another Vote for Dina.
Here in Spain I have not been able to get coaching where I live. I have been shooting well and winning a few things in my category, I practiced a lot but without clear direction. Dina has put a rudder on my boat and now I have clear things to practice rather than making it up as I go along!
Thanks Dina
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

Thank you guys! :-)
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

I would say these matches are not about competing with each other. It is about competing with yourself. With your previous self. You train, you memorise your correct elements of the shot, you try them on the comps. You learn something from it, keep practicing and move towards another match where you'll try to apply everything good that you have learnt. And so on, and so on.
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

Sorry to say I'm not able to take part in the Facebook match as I had hoped. Overtime at work took away a large amount of my weekend free time. Hopefully there will be another match in the months ahead.