New Pardini Rapidfire problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David M

New Pardini Rapidfire problem

Post by David M »

A experienced rapidfire shooter approached me today with a new latest model Padini rapidfire pistol
and said he has a problem can I have a look.
If the pistol is chambered with a live round he could not open the slide and eject the live round.
After looking at the pistol and magazines it appears that the modified mags with the new ejector will
not allow the slide to travel far enough rearward to clear the lead of a live round and eject it.
When the case rim hits the ejector tab on the magazine at least half of the lead projectile is still
in the barrel.
The only way to open the slide was to remove the magazine and then dig the loaded round out of
the extractor.
So much for racking the slide to clear a malfunction and keep shooting....
j-team

Re: New Pardini Rapidfire problem

Post by j-team »

The Pardini has alway been like this, not just the latest model.

Let's be honest, no-one racks the slide to clear an malfunction in Rapid Fire!

Anyway, Pardinis rarely, if ever malfunction (so long as you use good ammo).
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hell, I had a Unique rapid fire gun that didn't even have an ejector/extractor.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

That is unfortunate. Thankfully most quality STP are as good as the ammunition you put into them, and even then you get 1x malfunction in case of bad luck.

The magazine setup seems the weakest part of the system of the Pardini SP but also v.clever.

On a somewhat unrelated note: I did once see someone do a stoppage clear on a SIG mosquito (rack-and-go) in 10s series of STP and finished with time to spare after single breechloading a cartridge.
Image Image
AlexFromPardini

Post by AlexFromPardini »

Does the slide go back all the way without a round in it?

There are sometimes issues where the pins that hold the extractor/firing pin/back shock absorber in place have moved out of position and stick up preventing the bolt from going back all the way.

If the ejector is a problem, it will be visibly damaged or bent. More likely if it becomes difficult with a live round in the chamber this means that the hammer has fallen when the bolt was still cycling. This happens if the sear engagement is very close, increasing sear engagement should alleviate this issue.

Maybe next time you see him you can snap a few pictures? It could be something else causing the problem.

Alex C
Pardini USA
Alexander Chichkov
USA Shooting Team
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I could be wrong, but it sounded to me like he was trying to eject a loaded round. At least on older SP's, the ejection port isn't long enough to allow that. it's only large enough to allow empty cases to eject properly. You HAVE to drop the magazine to remove a misfire.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Gwhite wrote:I could be wrong, but it sounded to me like he was trying to eject a loaded round. At least on older SP's, the ejection port isn't long enough to allow that. it's only large enough to allow empty cases to eject properly. You HAVE to drop the magazine to remove a misfire.
It's not the length of the ejection port but the forward position of the ejector (as described by David) which is part of the magazine. All Pardinis that I have ever seen are like this, it's nothing new or different with this particular pistol. Doesn't stop them winning all the gold medals!
David M

Post by David M »

The only Pardinis i have had were a .22 short and a GT40.
Yes, we were trying to eject a live round not a empty case.
Never come across this problem with any other semi auto.
AlexFromPardini

Post by AlexFromPardini »

Correct, for the most part if the round has not fired it will have some trouble being removed from the chamber. I would see if the hammer had dropped when putting the round into battery. For the most part, if it is not firing the round there are other problems preventing this from happening..

As stated before if you want to remove the round that has not fired you have to remove the magazine.

Alex C
Pardini USA
Alexander Chichkov
USA Shooting Team
Everard

Post by Everard »

Hi Alex,
I have a similar issue with my Pardini. SP 22 rapid fire -
Slide ejects and loads the round in the chamber.
But the hammer for some reason is in the forward position.
Have had it on some occasions rapid fire. (Double fire)
Pistol is fairly new (500 rounds fired only) no issues until now. Have used CCI rounds with no issues.
Don't believe it's the ammo.
Any ideas please

Everard
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I had the i problem with ejecting an unfired round this weekend shooting Rapid Fire at our club - twice. The unfired round was a dud CCI SV which I seem to be getting a few of in my current batch of ammunition - rotate and reinsert the round and it fires so must be a holiday in the priming compound. I bought a case (5k rounds) so may have to suffer a few more before I can start using my new batch. I was unaware of the issue but it makes sense now why I was unable to just rack it out and continue (duly noting the point made above by j-team about trying to do that in an Rapid Fire match).

Another Club member has had problems with the CCI SV rounds and has sworn off them in favour of the SK Flat Nose Match. But I don’t think it’s a problem with the CCI ammunition type but a batch issue as I just shot 85 rounds of it this morning without a failure to fire.

Bob
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Everard wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:06 am Hi Alex,
I have a similar issue with my Pardini. SP 22 rapid fire -
Slide ejects and loads the round in the chamber.
But the hammer for some reason is in the forward position.
Have had it on some occasions rapid fire. (Double fire)
Pistol is fairly new (500 rounds fired only) no issues until now. Have used CCI rounds with no issues.
Don't believe it's the ammo.
Any ideas please

Everard
Sounds like your trigger isn't adjusted correctly. The Pardini trigger mechanism is NOT like any typical US pistol, and if someone adjusted it without understanding that, it's easy to mess it up. I made some diagrams that show how it works. There are also some good notes from Don Nygord on how to get things back to a safe condition, and then adjust it from there.

Here's the post with the diagrams: https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.ph ... 8&p=288149

And here's where to find Nygord's instructions: http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/sphptriggeradjustment.htm