What's your high score?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zanemoseley

What's your high score?

Post by zanemoseley »

I've shot a 557 score 3 separate times, once with irons and twice now with a red dot. I was curious what everyone's high score is.
David Levene

Re: What's your high score?

Post by David Levene »

You would need to be more specific about the event you are talking about, especially as this is the Olympic Pistol section and you are talking about Red Dots (which are banned).
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

10m air pistol, 6x10. I know red dots aren't allowed in Olympic shooting but I'm doing informal practice in my basement at 10m with a red dot to practice for bullseye.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Time to put on the swamp waders... It's about to get deep around here.
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

My high score has yet to been achieved. It will be at next weeks match.
David M

Post by David M »

Arrrr... lets see, their's a practise score, local Club score, State Titles score, National's score,
Regional games score, World cup score, World Champs score, Olympic score, World Masters score
and finally wearing a funny hat score or just a......personal warm fuzzy feeling score.
william

Post by william »

My high score is the one with more points than any of the others. Your mileage may vary, but you'll have to explain how.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

You guys are no damn fun, or you're all a bunch of women over analyzing the question. At regulation distance, regulation targets what is your high score, match or practice.
saran

Post by saran »

13 and 1/2 pints.
william

Post by william »

saran wrote:13 and 1/2 pints.
Come on, this is supposed to be analytical. Over what time period and how many visits to the loo?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

You would need to be more specific about the event you are talking about, especially as this is the Olympic Pistol section and you are talking about Red Dots (which are banned
Thank you David. This is supposed to be an Olympic pistol shooting event forum, however more and more posts are related to events and equipment that has no connection with Olympic shooting....read red dot, metal plates etc.

As far as best scores are concerned I am waiting for some of the closet AP shooters to step up once again with " I usually practice in the 580-585 range" nonsense.

Funny that at this point no one has offered a score. Well I'll start the ball rolling..."last Wednesday I shot 593 in my basement"
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Shot a 10.9 once....maybe I should get into this free and airpistol game
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

John, that is quite an accomplishment. What I find is the higher your average rises the more concentration it requires, each shot can be disasterous to your score. I can only imagine how demanding it is when you get in the 580's.

On a side note, I realize red dots are not legal for official Olympic shooting but here's some food for thought many of you are aware of, the NRA bullseye record is still held by Hershel Anderson shooting IRONS even though dots have been legal for years. Dots are not a magic bullet but does alleviate the need to be constantly concerned with consisten sight picture.
stuart

Post by stuart »

in the last postal competition I shot 556 and was very happy, in practice I often shoot better but I try not to keep adding up the scores as this habit in practice carries over into competition just builds up the tension over the sixty shots.

Before the last shoulder to shoulder competition I had been shooting every day for two weeks and had really seen some improvement, started the match expecting to do well and following a few poor shots I started doing maths in my head, it all went down hill fast after that.

My point is, forget what you have shot, concentrate on the next shot, get that 10, then on the next shot and the next 10. If you start thinking of your scores or your average as you are shooting you will fail.
rmca

Post by rmca »

siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

564, shot at regulation distance on a regulation target. That is important, shooting at a target at 25 feet or using a dot or any type of scope is just not what our sport is about. If I had shot a better score at a shorter distance or any other non-regulation factor I would not mention it.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

575 US Team Selection Match early 1990's
j-team

Post by j-team »

Shooterer wrote:My high score has yet to been achieved.
Errr... I think mine were 15-20 years ago, when I cared a bit more than I do now!
BEA

Post by BEA »

587 with a FWB Mod 2 in 1991 or 1992 at the Nationals. All the targets were 97 to 99. Only one 99, so it shows that you just have to shoot good targets and be consistent. You do not have to do anything magical.
Last edited by BEA on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.