Ready to retire your EVO?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Ready to retire your EVO?

Post by Rover »

I found this while browsing CCSS.

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... em=MGH100L

Now you don't have to choose---electric or not. You get both, sometimes at the same time.

It looks like you can't screw up loading, either (although some will still manage to get 4 or 5 in).

Designed and built by The Master!

Almost makes me want to trade in my SSP!

I trust this will reduce the number of questioning posts on TT by at least 60 percent. Just Ol' Rover takin' care of ya.
deadeyedick

Re: Ready to retire your EVO?

Post by deadeyedick »

Here is a picture of the "Masters"" first pistol following the sale of Morini. It was designed by Cesare, financed by Anschutz and manufactured by Swiss Arms Manufacturing.

The M10 was long barrel and my M5 was the compact. Just shows how ahead of his time Ceasre was 20 years ago.

The hybrid picture posted by Rover has arguably the worlds best trigger.....and any that try it will want it.

Great find Rover. At $US 1100 this would have to be the greatest bargain of all time. No wonder they have no stock.
Attachments
image.jpeg
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

deadeyedick wrote:At $US 1100 this would have to be the greatest bargain of all time. No wonder they have no stock.
I think the gun was just sitting way too long in their inventory, that's why they had a "closeout special":

Product Description

The revolutionary air pistol by Cesare Morini, new project that puts forward the limits of today technology. Direct air to the pellet with reduction of 35% of the barrel time. Have a look at the movie on the link: http://youtu.be/sALWtGeupm8 . Reduced air consumption so increased capacity. Electronic – Mechanical trigger selectable only pushing the switch. If the battery charge is too low to work properly, the pistol switches automatically to mechanical trigger: it is always ready to work. Constant speed and minimum turbulence. The pressure regulator and the trigger case are independent by the body of the pistol so the maintenance is very easy. Pellet loading by vertical fall, simple and comfortable, always allows to verify the presence of the pellet in the loading system. With this new technology we reach the best of balance and stability. These are the main improvements of the new realisation of Cesare Morini. Note: counterbalance accessory discontinued and not included.

Match Guns .177 Air Pistols

Includes two air cylinders - dated 2012.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"At $US 1100 this would have to be the greatest bargain of all time. No wonder they have no stock."

They had some when I posted this. Ya snooze ya lose.

BTW CC used to have a repair dept./tech. in case of breakdowns. I don't know if they still do, but they did some Walther repairs for me in the past.
bigaaron

Post by bigaaron »

I though about picking up one of those last week Myself until I read this (especially the last paragraph)
Being that the cylinders are dated 2012 that must be the year the gun was made?

therider

Post subject: Re: Matchguns feedback?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:34 pm

In my club there are now 7 MGH1. It went from 1 to 7 within 6 months....as people heard the positive comments of the other colleagues and tried the pistol themself. All extremely happy.
Now there are 2 more colleagues considering buying one.

never seen any of the problems SamEEE described. These are however 2014 and 2015 versions, and all hybrid.

I have only tested the mechanical trigger on MGH4 and MGH2. It was very good. But the electronic is of another league...all the 7 shooters here agree that it is the best trigger on the market at the moment. But in a week times there is Nurberg, with the new LP10...may be Steyr managed to make an even better trigger than Cesare....we will see, but I doubt, although I am curious to see the new lp10 (I will go to IWA in Nurberg to see it!).

If you set the speed right, the MGH1 behaves has if it has a recoil adsorber.

If you decide to buy, make sure that it is late 2015 model, with the additional screw on the block with the cocking level. It makes a huge difference in trigger quality.
Also, I would buy the bar for additional weights. Weights are not on the barrel, which modifies the harmonics vibrations of the barrel, but hang from the trigger guard. Very good if you want a more heavy nose pistol.
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

I have been shooting an MGH1 formthe last 4 years. Has all the latest updates. I like it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I wasn't really aware of this pistol when I saw the ad. It does seem pretty impressive. I guess I'll just have to doddle by with my SAM M10 (and others).
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

Rover,

I bought mine used in 2014 in the US for around 1000 dollars. I believe the largest drawback for US shooters is that the technical support in the USA is minimal. Fortunately I live in Europe and have been able to take my pistol to MatchGuns once a year for inspection and updating. Cesare personally helped with the customization of a grip (I have a hand size that falls smack in between a medium and large). While there he also did one for my wife (very petite hand) for her LP10. Everyone at the factory has always been very accommodating.

The pistol is truly a fine piece of kit. Yes it loads differently (seen by some as a problem) and 'much ado about nothing' was made about compliance with the safety flag provision (never had a problem in 3 years of shooting). The mechanical trigger is quite nice. Sometimes when training I forget to turn on the electronic trigger, doing so half way through a session. Only then can one truly appreciate how good the electronic trigger actually is.

At my level of competition I could not ask for a better pistol.

Best regards,

Paul