Steyr or Morini to buy

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gn303

Re: Steyr or Morini to buy

Post by gn303 »

What gun to buy? Actually the question is what gun will shoot 10's. And the answer is easy: they all do! It depends on the shooter. If you are in doubt, ask some of you club members if you can try their gun and evaluate how it feels.
It's like going to the proms. You can invite different girls to dance, but you will like one more then another. Then it is up to you to persuade her for... With a gun is the same. Though guns are less expensive in the long run!
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

]
deadeyedick wrote:

I don't know how many times it has to be said but try the available top brands...trust what your inner self has to say and buy the thing !...get a coach...become a disciple of technique, and practice until you're an old man !

You may never be world no.1 but you will have explored your potential to the limit.

I think this is best taken as general advice , as I don't think it applies to me personally.

I used to have a coach twenty years ago , having become a disciple of technique and practiced till I became convinced that I will never be able to do things right every time . I will of course never be number anything...my best score in my better years was only 548 . Achieved only once in competition . But I practice obsessively several times a week , and am even out to buy a shiny new 'object of desire' as the sport is addictive and gratifying inspite of the masochistic frustration of not being able to deliver quality shots every time. I am in fact , what some may describe as 'an old man' as I'm in my early seventies ! Like I know some on here are of similar age . Incidentally , could my quest for a shiny new pistol at my age be categorized as a middle age crisis thing , or a bucket list item ?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

You should look at buying a shiny new toy because "you can! " and there are no other justifications needed.

Having no ambitions to be number anything it is also clear that you should buy the most aesthetically appealing pistol to you.

Many of us have reached an age that if we don't buy now we might not have the inclination in the near future...so do it ! ...and enjoy.

p.s. 548 is a very respectable competition score.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Elmas wrote:Incidentally , could my quest for a shiny new pistol at my age be categorized as a middle age crisis thing , or a bucket list item ?
Nope, the "kid inside" wants to have fun...trust YOUR gut instinct, you'll know which pistol is for you.
Rover

Post by Rover »

kevinweiho wrote:
Elmas wrote:Incidentally , could my quest for a shiny new pistol at my age be categorized as a middle age crisis thing , or a bucket list item ?
Nope, the "kid inside" wants to have fun...trust YOUR gut instinct, you'll know which pistol is for you.
Naah, get a SSP. Have fun and keep those arthritic old joints loosened up, too.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

The SSP has two considerable advantages. First you shoot with the air of the range of the club. Two, even if you don't shoot well, you had a good work-out !
So you win all the time!