NEW SCATT MODEL???

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

RED RAIDER

NEW SCATT MODEL???

Post by RED RAIDER »

I heard that Scatt is introducing a new model. They are supposed to be showing it at Camp Perry.

I was fixing to pull the trigger on ordering Scatt, but I need to know about the new model before buying. Does anyone have information on this?
hundert

Re: NEW SCATT MODEL???

Post by hundert »

yes, it's called scatt air, it's only for 10 meters air disciplines (but can simulate longer distances), works like mx02 without any frame, is cheaper, BUT, does not use the same software as regular scatt and shows no stats.
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

No stats?
Does this mean it does not show the trace before and after the shots or it does not log previous shots to be reviewed later?
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

It can be useful for shooting home or equiping small stands who can't afford a full manual system, without caring of all the statistics.
Maybe it also provide a kind of similar experience of electronic targets, way cheaper.
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
PhilipM

Post by PhilipM »

Any new developments ? It has been silent for a few months now.

Would love to see the sensor equipped with a battery and Bluetooth connection so one can get rid of the USB cable to the laptop.

Philip
PhilipM

Post by PhilipM »

Apparantly the new SCATT model 'Basic' is out. See http://www.scatt.com/training-systems/75/scatt-basic/. Uses a stripped down version of the Scatt software http://www.scatt.com/software/77/scatt-basic-program/

Available from ShootingEquipment in Germany for 750,- Euro. See http://www.shootingequipment.de/Scatt/M ... -2400.html.
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

I'm really interested in the differences it has with the MX-02, if someone has the chances to try one !

A similar product is also coming, but i don't have any feedback on it : http://www.traceshooting.com/
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

Has anyone tried this new scatt model yet?
ricardopresto

Post by ricardopresto »

I sent mine back and ordered a WS1 instead. The sensor needs a REALLY bright light on the target and the software is as basic as it can be. Also only Windows software. I asked Scatt about the advertised Mac and Linux software and they said they were still debugging the Windows version. Hard to recommend it at this stage.
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

Thanks very helpful to know. It is the live fire aspect that really appeals to me but don't quite want to fork out for the MX-02 at the moment. Will hold out for a while.
rasty_ryan

Post by rasty_ryan »

I also sent mine back and requested full refund. Software look a bit more advanced than previous products but no real usage for me. No analysis, just shows where your shots hit.
scatt_manufacturer

Post by scatt_manufacturer »

Dear friends, here are a few brief clarifications about the new SCATT Basic trainer in order to relieve the confusion.
1. The Basic, despite the lower price, is built to the highest quality standards, and offers accuracy unsurpassed by any competitor, just like any other SCATT trainer.
2. It supports dry-fire and live-fire (live-fire only with air and .22cal)
3. The main difference with other SCATT systems is the simpler software. Other systems run on SCATT Pro software, this system has its own SCATT Basic software.
4. Unlike a few people claimed above, the Basic software does offer a complete recording of the aimpoint trace (trajectory) before and after the shot, along with several other important functions, namely: Shot values, Timing of aiming, Aimpoint speed data, Printing reduced scale targets, etc.
5. The Basic software supports 12 different targets for various distances (10m-50m), while the SCATT Pro supports over 90 targets for anything from 10m Air all the way up to high power.

But in simple terms, the Basic offers the most important core features of the SCATT Pro, the ones that help you objectively record and review your aiming process. But, in comparison with the SCATT Pro systems, it cuts down on some analytical functions where the recorded data is compiled and processed to be shown in other forms, like the 10 and 10.5 ring percentages, absolute 10 and 10.5 ring percentages, acceleration just before the shot, the analytical graphs (distance, coordination, shift, speed), etc.
A few comparative screenshots are attached to show the difference. More details can be found here: https://scattusa.com/collections/scatt- ... ire-system
Screenshot 2017-03-27 09.39.09.jpg
Screenshot 2017-03-27 09.40.12.jpg
Screenshot 2017-03-27 09.40.22.jpg
Screenshot 2017-03-27 09.40.34.jpg
scatt_manufacturer

Side by side comparison of the SCATT Basic and Trace systems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDlCZPOqEg
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

Hmm. The end of the video it says "the results are self-explanatory."
I am sure that to many people that already have a SCATT system this is true. To me . . . the results are not self-explanatory. It seems that the SCATT Basic is faster to process the data than the SCATT Trace and it seems to track smoother.
Please, what else can be inferred from this peculiar testing method and are these results applicable to a human?
rtucker6508

Post by rtucker6508 »

SPPcoach wrote:Hmm. The end of the video it says "the results are self-explanatory."
I am sure that to many people that already have a SCATT system this is true. To me . . . the results are not self-explanatory. It seems that the SCATT Basic is faster to process the data than the SCATT Trace and it seems to track smoother.
Please, what else can be inferred from this peculiar testing method and are these results applicable to a human?
Trace is a completely different company than SCATT. This video is showing the difference in the 2 systems and companies. I have a SCATT MX-02 and it is amazing.
Rob Tucker
http://www.TheShootersEdge.us
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

What jumped out at me even more than the speed; is the Scatt drew nice round lines and the other product was horrible. If I want to check my hold I could not do it with the competitor's product.

Chip
scatt_manufacturer

SPPcoach wrote:Hmm. The end of the video it says "the results are self-explanatory."
The speed of processing is a problem here, but it definitely is not the main problem. The target attached to the plotter was moving in clearly defined circles with small jumps at 6 o'clock to the bigger diameter. This pattern was accurately reflected by the SCATT system. The paper target was also vibrating a bit in the plotter, hence the tiny vibrations on the SCATT trajectory line.

At the same time the other system was recording shapes only remotely reminiscent of circles with a bunch of weird deviations. Notice how it is especially bad in the center of the target, where the accuracy is actually most valuable. This is likely due to this system's incapability of tracking finer movements.

How it is applicable to a human: The value of an electronic shooting trainer lies in its capability to accurately record all movement during aiming (the trajectory line), which allows the shooter to see the mistakes and act accordingly to remedy them. If the trainer is incapable of accurately recording all of your movement, it becomes near pointless to train with it, since the feedback you get from it is not accurate anyway.
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

SCATT folks,

I have the original SCATT USB (Bought in 2010) with OS-02 sensor I believe (usb wired). However, the sensor seems to be getting lessor and lessor sensitive to my LP-10e electronic clicks. Setting sensitivity to 0.7% used to work quite reliably until recently, that I have to set it to 0.6% and still 1 out of 8 shots won't register and it's very annoying. The lowest setting 0.5% is very bad that it would register without firing (clicking). I tried upgrading to the latest SCATT version and resetting the sensor without any improvement.

Any idea?
-M
scatt_manufacturer

mhkhung wrote:SCATT folks,

I have the original SCATT USB (Bought in 2010) with OS-02 sensor I believe (usb wired). However, the sensor seems to be getting lessor and lessor sensitive to my LP-10e electronic clicks. Setting sensitivity to 0.7% used to work quite reliably until recently, that I have to set it to 0.6% and still 1 out of 8 shots won't register and it's very annoying. The lowest setting 0.5% is very bad that it would register without firing (clicking). I tried upgrading to the latest SCATT version and resetting the sensor without any improvement.

Any idea?
-M
There are a few options here: most recent firmware update might help, move the sensor back closer to the trigger group and make sure it's mounted tight (you can use our new LP10 mount for a solid fit), could also be that the piezo sensor is getting worn out after 7 years of use. Either way, please contact info@scattusa.com for further assistance with that.
Bakerman

Post by Bakerman »

ChipEck wrote:What jumped out at me even more than the speed; is the Scatt drew nice round lines and the other product was horrible. If I want to check my hold I could not do it with the competitor's product.

Chip
If anyone takes a closer look at the video - it's fairly noticable, that the top of TRACE sensor casing is cut wide open for unknown reasons.

Taking this into account and the fact that this video is created and posted by official SCATT representative I think everyone should understand that such test doesn't represent the real comparision of the systems.

Valērijs
TRACE Team