Adult content.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TenMetrePeter

Adult content.

Post by TenMetrePeter »

For a forum that promotes the noble Olympic arts and responsible youth programs it's such a shame I can't read it on the local pub wifi because some po-faced numpty reported it as adult content. Also had to ask my new phone provider to allow adult content to read it. I'm sure they believed me when I explained why!
"Access Denied The Web page ypu are trying to access has been blocked. The URL has been categorized under Weapons, community sites....."
Joe58

Re: Adult content.

Post by Joe58 »

Wow....way of the world anymore.

Where my wife works, certain news sites have been blocked as well.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

This makes no sense to me at all.

Chip
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

The spelling of categorized with a z suggests an American company made the judgement. Our last prime minister persuaded providers to turn on parental controls by default even the contract ones. There's a gunshop in Bisley that was blocked to me.
Youtube shows me how to make bombs and pick locks. That is not restricted.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

All you need to do is show your ISP a sampling of Rover's posts and they'll be convinced that the site is just toddlers crying repeatedly over nothing.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I certainly hope so!
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Yeah, I've been on a Library system where the filtering blocked the ISSF site no less (this was a few years ago now).

Being a council-run public library, it went through the same service provider and content filter as all the schools and other council facilities in the area, so it was on a "high" setting.

I did log a complaint which got the usual "we use an outside filtering list" response.

FWIW, filtering seems to have become a bit more intelligent these days. I haven't come across the ISSF or NSRA sites being blocked for a while now.